Sign in with
Your question
Closed

New high end PC in need of OS

Last response: in Systems
November 20, 2012 2:55:12 PM

So i've built myself quite the monster this past couple of days and all that is left is the OS, ill keep the short and simple. I can and have the money to buy Windows 8 OEM x64 , right now i have a " Captain Jack Sparrow" version of windows 7, and its doing just fine. My question is should i get the windows 8 OEM or is Captain Jack still good to go and save the money? TY :D 

More about : high end

November 20, 2012 3:41:34 PM

Considering that facilitating software piracy, even tangentially, would be against the rules here, go with the Windows 8 option.
November 20, 2012 3:48:06 PM

Ive never used a pirate version of 7 and I don't care for 8 so I'd say a legal copy of 7 pro.
Related resources
November 20, 2012 3:53:58 PM

^+1 - been tempted to go win8(free for me here at the University) but it is not supported. Win7 is proven - if you decide to go win8 from there it's not a big expense.
-Bruce
November 20, 2012 3:56:46 PM

The news reports that Microsoft will not be releasing a Windows 7 SP2, and full version of Direct X 11.1. But Windows 8 will get the Direct X 11.1 full version. But then Windows 8 blows right now.
My recommendation is to hold on to Windows 7 for like a year to see what Microsoft is going to do about Windows 7 and Windows 8.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 20, 2012 3:56:56 PM

Pirating is not supported here. You do not ask questions about pirated software here as it is against the rules. Bye.
November 20, 2012 4:43:55 PM

Piracy is NOT ACCEPTABLE on these forums, whether implied or directly mentioned. Topic is closed- consider this a final warning.

You need a legitimate software OS and key, bottom line, no exceptions.
!