Sign in with
Your question

Is this okay for a gaming PC?

Last response: in Systems
November 20, 2012 4:26:52 PM

Hey im ordering a custom built gaming PC and wondering if these specs are okay for a high end PC i would like to be able to record gameplay using fraps on games like starcraft 2 world of warcraft and battlefield , will the cooling be okay and do i need to change anything i would really appreciate any feedback you could give me thanks

NEW CASES: COOLERMASTER CM690 AdvII Black Case With Blue LED
POWER SUPPLY: 850W PSU - POWERCOOL Modular 80+ & 12CM Fan
INTEL CPU...: Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 3770K 3.5Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE (IvyBridge)
CPU Overclocking: Overclocked To Approx 4.5Ghz To 4.7Ghz (Needs K CPU & Air Cooler)
CPU COOLING: CORSAIR CWCH80 WATER COOLER - NO NEED TO REFILL
INTEL MOTHERBOARD.: GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H With NEW Z77 Chipset
RAM.: 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz - PATRIOT VIPER V3 RED Performance/Gaming RAM
SOLID STATE HDD (SSD): 128GB KINGSTON V200 SATA3 - 6Gb/s
MASTER HARD DRIVE: 1TB (1000GB) SATA3 - 6Gb/s, 7200 RPM & 32MB Cache
SLAVE HARD DRIVE: NONE
RAID: NONE
MASTER OPTICAL DRIVE.: HITACHI BLU-RAY & DVD+/-RW COMBO All In One
SLAVE OPTICAL DRIVE: NONE
GRAPHICS CARD (PCI-E): nVIDIA GeForce GTX670 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready
TV CARD: NONE
SOFTWARE: WINDOWS 7 Premium - 64 Bit Inc DVD/Licence
EXTRA SOFTWARE: NONE
PERFORMANCE TUNING: NONE
TFT MONITOR: NONE
KEYBOARD & MOUSE: NONE
NEW SPEAKERS: NONE
CARD READER: NONE
FRONT FAN CONTROLLER: NONE
WIRELESS & NETWORKING (No Wireless As Standard): NONE
Extra USB Ports: NONE
Extra Firewire Port: NONE
SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1
USB FLASH PEN DRIVE: NONE
CABLE MANAGEMENT: EXTREME - Cables Hidden To Keep Tidy & Increase Airflow
COOLING: Pack Of 2 x Case Fans Silent & Powerful, Highly Recommended To Reduce Overall System Temperture & Prolong Life Of PC (If This Spec Already Has Max Case Fans We Will Upgrade The Standard Ones To Silent Versions)
NOISE REDUCTION: NONE

More about : gaming

November 20, 2012 4:55:10 PM

I think a lot of that is over kill

You could spend less and get the same performance
November 20, 2012 4:59:13 PM

So i could still record 1080p and play with high FPS and lower specs can you give me an idea of what i could get i have a budget of around £1400
Related resources
November 20, 2012 5:00:16 PM

This is why I hate Cyberpower - they include a lot of things that you just don't need. You don't need a liquid cooler unless you're going with a full custom loop. The RAM and CPU are way overkill for gaming. I don't think I would touch that power supply with a 10 foot pole.
November 20, 2012 5:04:15 PM

Is the graphics card alright or could i get better if i removed other parts just so you know im planning on using two screens
November 20, 2012 5:07:26 PM

Hzzee said:
Is the graphics card alright or could i get better if i removed other parts just so you know im planning on using two screens

Yeah the 670 is good, but that PSU choice isn't.
November 20, 2012 5:09:18 PM

Whats up with it? Sorry guess i made a lot of mistakes this is my first time making any kind of PC
November 20, 2012 5:09:44 PM

And just so i know are the GTX 680 and 690 much better than the 670?
November 20, 2012 5:14:47 PM

Very powerful PC for sure.
November 20, 2012 5:15:59 PM

Hzzee said:
And just so i know are the GTX 680 and 690 much better than the 670?

The GTX 680 is only 5-10% faster than the 670, the 690 is a dual GPU card so it is close to double the performance of the 670, but costs almost 3 times as much.
November 20, 2012 5:19:20 PM

Hzzee said:
Whats up with it? Sorry guess i made a lot of mistakes this is my first time making any kind of PC

Pick a brand name PSU like Corsair or Seasonic or Enermax or XFX (Cyberpower should allow you to do this). Powercool is a bad brand for a PSU. Your CPU choice is a bit overkill, usually, the 3570K is more cost effective than the 3770K for gaming, however, you may keep it if you wish, nothing technically wrong with that CPU.

For the graphics card, you picked a GTX 670 2GB, this is a very good choice, however, can you pick a good brand name for the graphics card like EVGA or ASUS? If you leave the brand name blank, Cyberpower will put whatever they want (usually some really cheap brand name).

Other than that, everything else looks fine. You water cooling is fine, your case is fine, your SSD is fine, your Hard Disk Drive is fine.
November 20, 2012 5:28:47 PM

Okay well im getting all of this from palicomp and would this PSU be better? 1050W PSU - CORSAIR Modular 80+ & 12CM FAN (+£170.00) it costs a lot more but i am willing to pay for it if needed as i want this to be a great computer that can last a while and will be very high standard. and for the Graphics card would nvidia be the brand not sure tbh sorry if i making mistakes and thanks for the amazing help!
November 20, 2012 5:31:39 PM

Hzzee said:
Okay well im getting all of this from palicomp and would this PSU be better? 1050W PSU - CORSAIR Modular 80+ & 12CM FAN (+£170.00) it costs a lot more but i am willing to pay for it if needed as i want this to be a great computer that can last a while and will be very high standard. and for the Graphics card would nvidia be the brand not sure tbh sorry if i making mistakes and thanks for the amazing help!

You only need a 600w or so PSU, the only reason you would need a 1050w is if you where going to use 3 graphic cards...
If you want to have the option to add another video card later on I would get a 750-850w PSU maybe something like a CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M other wise a CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M will work.
!