New Build Keep Crashing

erasmus22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
First home built computer. It runs amazing, really smooth, boots from completely off in like, 25 seconds, no lag, no freezes, I keep it nice and neat and clean, always virus scanning, malware scanning, etc...

Anyways, for some reason, it keeps crashing. I thought maybe it was my hard-drive, because my computer would freeze during disc check and because I had a problem recently where my computer wouldn't even detect my HD. So, I had the hard drive completely wiped and started from scratch, had to re-install all drivers and the OS. The computer worked great again, but then, once again, blue screen of death. So I am assuming it is a hardware issue.

Any ideas what part could be the culprit? Here are my specs:

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
i5-2500k
G.Skill Sniper (2x4GB)
GeForce GTX 260 core 216
SanDisk SSD 120GB (H120GG25 ATA)

*Of note, another reason I think it is either the mobo/HD is that on boot-up, it says "Detecting Drive; Done; None Detected", but it still boots fine.

Any help is appreciated!

erasmus22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
When you say port, do you mean the which of the 6 physical ports I can plug it into? Or do you mean some BIOS setting that is over my head?

As for the voltage, it was set to auto, and was running at between 1.65 and 1.77, so I switched it to manual and set it to 1.55. It's suppose to be '1.25v' ram, but on another forum for a guy having problems with the same ram they recommended he set it to 1.55 (plus a lot of other greek that was way over my head). Anyways, the computer ran fine and didn't crash for a while, so I left my computer on all night to see if it crashed, and when I woke up in the morning the computer was black with the following text (paraphrased, I didn't right it down). "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected drive and press any key".

Any more advice would be appreciated. All of my ram setting are set to "Auto" (except the voltage now). If you want me to post the values for all the different things (Which like I said, is all greek to me), please let me know.

Cheers.

erasmus22

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

When you say port, do you mean the which of the 6 physical ports I can plug it into? Or do you mean some BIOS setting that is over my head?

As for the voltage, it was set to auto, and was running at between 1.65 and 1.77, so I switched it to manual and set it to 1.55. It's suppose to be '1.25v' ram, but on another forum for a guy having problems with the same ram they recommended he set it to 1.55 (plus a lot of other greek that was way over my head). Anyways, the computer ran fine and didn't crash for a while, so I left my computer on all night to see if it crashed, and when I woke up in the morning the computer was black with the following text (paraphrased, I didn't right it down). "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected drive and press any key".

Any more advice would be appreciated. All of my ram setting are set to "Auto" (except the voltage now). If you want me to post the values for all the different things (Which like I said, is all greek to me), please let me know.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS