I need to reinstall a sound card, that has been
uninstalled. I can not find the name of the sound card on
my windows xp disk. where can i look to find sound card,
or can i reinstall it some other way.

If you don't have a disk specific to your soundcard, check the soundcard
manufacturer's website for drivers for your model card.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User