ichihaifu

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Right, I've been wondering if it is possible to boost my internet speed by using 2 separate connections. My home network runs 7mbps and my 3G runs 11mbps, needless to say I'm using 3G daily because it is faster and the latency difference is small.

I would use my home network for gaming because it provides lower latency than my phone does, however it is extremely unstable and I've literally had enought of it.

So is there a way to combine the power of these 2 connections somehow?

Doubtful. Channel bonding requires a router that supports dual WAN and channel bonding. I don't know of any SOHO routers that can do this. Also, routers that can do this are usually quite expensive.

I don't know of any software that can do this. Also, the dual wan routers I speak of can only load balance outgoing traffic. To load balance inbound traffic or bond channels (throughput) it will require your ISP to setup the router on their end also. They typically won't do this with residential class Internet. You would probably have to upgrade to business class. Since you are using two different ISP's, load balancing is the best you can hope for.

Like I said, it gets expensive.

ichihaifu

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
How lame, and now that I think of it actually, it would be pointless because I'm not exactly in charge of what I receive.

Okay. Thanks.