CD drive will not recognize blank disk

July 2, 2004 3:33:16 PM

We have a pavilion ze5300 and are trying to copy video to
a disk. we are having a problem with our CD drive. It
will not recognize blank DVD-R or DVD+R. when we open
the drive is shows the DVD as full. we've tried using
Media player.

Are these the wrong disks? we have not had a problem
with the TDK CD-R disks, but they are to small for video.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 3, 2004 8:15:11 AM

XP has no built-in support for writing DVDs.
Buy some program that can do it (Nero, etc).
Or get a program that can convert your video to smaller size so it fits on a CD
(divx...)

!