CD drive will not recognize blank disk

We have a pavilion ze5300 and are trying to copy video to
a disk. we are having a problem with our CD drive. It
will not recognize blank DVD-R or DVD+R. when we open
the drive is shows the DVD as full. we've tried using
Media player.

Are these the wrong disks? we have not had a problem
with the TDK CD-R disks, but they are to small for video.
1 answer Last reply
More about drive recognize blank disk

    XP has no built-in support for writing DVDs.
    Buy some program that can do it (Nero, etc).
    Or get a program that can convert your video to smaller size so it fits on a CD
    (divx...)

    "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a pavilion ze5300 and are trying to copy video to
    > a disk. we are having a problem with our CD drive. It
    > will not recognize blank DVD-R or DVD+R. when we open
    > the drive is shows the DVD as full. we've tried using
    > Media player.
    >
    > Are these the wrong disks? we have not had a problem
    > with the TDK CD-R disks, but they are to small for video.

Drivers CD Drives Windows XP