Status
Not open for further replies.

rocktober

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I am looking to upgrade my old 4870 to a 7950. Does anyone know if it will fit in my CM Storm Scout (just over 10.6" of space)? I was hoping to go with either the MSI or Gigabyte cards. The specs on newegg make me think it may be too tight, but I was hoping somebody else has already tried :)

If it won't fit is there a card with similar performance that will? I don't really want to go with Nvidia cause I dual boot linux and have multiple monitors at different screen sizes so I don't think Surround would work.

Solution
I know it's quite an old tread but just to clarify the matter I can confirm that they do work (fitted with a little less than centimeter to spare). I was wondering about the same question at first, but as it turns out the case was big enough for this card indeed. I have a Gigabyte HD 7950 which comes in at 27cm (10.6in) by the way.

Hope this helps :)

nat327

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
I know it's quite an old tread but just to clarify the matter I can confirm that they do work (fitted with a little less than centimeter to spare). I was wondering about the same question at first, but as it turns out the case was big enough for this card indeed. I have a Gigabyte HD 7950 which comes in at 27cm (10.6in) by the way.

Hope this helps :)

Solution

l1ghtm4st3r

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012

Hi Nat, just to confirm you have this card right? GV-R795WF3-3GD. I am also looking to get it as an upgrade but according to Cooler Master's website the absolute max for a graphics card is 10.6 inches. Do you have ANY room left?

Status
Not open for further replies.