PC Freezes when playing games.

G

Hey guys, I was wondering if some one could help me with this problem, and also sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Basically, I was playing WoW one day and it started to freeze up on the log in screen, I thought it was just WoW until I tried other games and they also froze. I've tried a lot to try and fix this but i'm not really that well educated in hardware/software at all.

My system specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
4GB RAM
526MB Gefore 9800 GTX GFX Card
3.6Ghz Multicore Processor (6 cores)

I'm now sure if that's all you need to know,

If any one can help me with this I would be VERY greatful if you help me find a solution and i'd be MORE than willing to throw a few dollars/pounds your way if i find a solution to this!

I only recently bought this PC so it's a massive kick in the delicates!

Thank you for ANY replies!

Darrell.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys, I was wondering if some one could help me with this problem, and also sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Basically, I was playing WoW one day and it started to freeze up on the log in screen, I thought it was just WoW until I tried other games and they also froze. I've tried a lot to try and fix this but i'm not really that well educated in hardware/software at all.

My system specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
4GB RAM
526MB Gefore 9800 GTX GFX Card
3.6Ghz Multicore Processor (6 cores)

I'm now sure if that's all you need to know,

If any one can help me with this I would be VERY greatful if you help me find a solution and i'd be MORE than willing to throw a few dollars/pounds your way if i find a solution to this!

I only recently bought this PC so it's a massive kick in the delicates!

Thank you for ANY replies!

Darrell.
what kind of psu are you using??have you connected power cable properly with your gpu?detach & reconnect it..
what's your temp of gpu.fan speed??
u can use GPU z to get these information
try to reinstall graphic card..clean your pci e slot..detach your ram..clean them.clean gpu fan from dust..
i think that the temperature of gpu is your problem..so try all sort of thing that can provide you better cooling and better air flow..
then let us know what happens...

Freezes of this nature are mostly due to buggy drivers or overheating problems. For starters, download a monitor tool such as CPUID HWmonitor to check your system temperatures. Also make sure that your drivers are up to date.

G

Does this mean I need to upgrade to a more powerful video card then?

what kind of psu are you using??

I'm sorry but I don't know what that is. And i'll clean my PC later.

Freezes of this nature are mostly due to buggy drivers or overheating problems.

I reinstalled windows though and updated all the drivers numerous times and still doesn't work, I'll just try cleaning my PC to see if this works.

I'll get back to you guys after i've cleaned my PC.

A freeze after a period of time gaming is often an overheating issue. An immediate freeze, however, could be a driver issue, or it could be power-related. What is the brand and model (not just wattage) of your PSU (power supply unit)? If you aren't sure, open your case and check the label on it.

Run MEMTEST86 on your RAM as well. It's unusual, but one of your RAM sticks may have died.
Pursue other things first, but it is always possible that your video card gave up the ghost. If you've been satisfied with its performance, a reasonably close (but slightly better) nVidia card is the GTX550Ti. If you'd like an AMD card, the HD7750 is also close. If it is your video card, what you can get will depend a lot on your budget and the capacity (and quality) of your PSU; we should probably cross that bridge when we come to it.