Will a GTX 670 fit in this case?

Hi, just wondering if a ASUS GTX 670 will fit in the following case and motherboard?

Case: Xigmatek Midgard Midi Tower Windowed Case - Black
Graphics Card: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO

Thanks
Jimmylad
83 answers Last reply
More about will case
  1. It should fit(670 isnt that big) but i would much rather chooce a different case.
  2. You should have plenty of room for it.
  3. Yes no worries!
  4. no worries but the case is crap or on the brink of being crap
  5. TheBigTroll said:
    no worries but the case is crap or on the brink of being crap
    +1 I half to agree with that.
  6. boulbox said:
    It should fit(670 isnt that big) but i would much rather chooce a different case.


    if you want a good case please get a better one.
  7. resin34 said:
    if you want a good case please get a better one.


    well i do hate my nzxt 410 so i would love to get a better one but i am talking about the OP and his case
  8. boulbox said:
    well i do hate my nzxt 410 so i would love to get a better one but i am talking about the OP and his case


    ohh
  9. Any suggestions, under £60 thanks
  10. first of all, id provide you a complete build with good components.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/oBPE

    the msi 670 is better than the asus
  11. TheBigTroll said:
    first of all, id provide you a complete build with good components.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/oBPE

    the msi 670 is better than the asus


    why such a expensive cooler?
    unless you plan to overclock a lot there's no point in it.

    get this one for a lot less.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  12. its a lot quieter, cools way better, will allow you to run passively, and is just built better. i had one for 50 bucks
  13. want MSI 670 known to overvolt?

    this would be something along my preference

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£169.20 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£26.65 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£93.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£30.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.74 @ CCL Computers)
    Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£78.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card (£285.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£89.81 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£79.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£11.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) (£72.08 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £991.31
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-21 16:37 GMT+0000)
  14. CPU : INTEL Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K - 3.4 GHz - 6 MB L3 Cache - LGA 1155 Socket (BX80637I53570K)

    PSU : CORSAIR GS700 PC Gaming Series Power supply - 700 W

    1ST HDD: OCZ OCZ SSD2.5AGI LITY120

    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 1155 Socket - Z77 Chipset - ATX

    CPU Cooler: CORSAIR CWCH60 CPU Liquid Cooling System

    Ram: PATRIOT PC Viper 3 Series 2 x 8 GB Memory DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9 (PV316G160C9K)

    2ND HDD: SEAGATE Barracuda 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 500 GB (ST500DM002)

    Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II - 2 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 3.0 (GTX670-DC2-2GD5)

    Case: COOLER MASTER CM 690 II Advanced version USB 3.0 PC Tower Case (RC-692A-KKN5)

    Will be having a go at overclocking( only to about 4.00GHz, but definitely want to overclock, not extreme)
    If you see any problem or have any suggestions please tell me :).

    Thanks
    Jimmylad
  15. jimmylad said:
    CPU : INTEL Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K - 3.4 GHz - 6 MB L3 Cache - LGA 1155 Socket (BX80637I53570K)

    PSU : CORSAIR GS700 PC Gaming Series Power supply - 700 W

    1ST HDD: OCZ OCZ SSD2.5AGI LITY120

    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 1155 Socket - Z77 Chipset - ATX

    CPU Cooler: CORSAIR CWCH60 CPU Liquid Cooling System

    Ram: PATRIOT PC Viper 3 Series 2 x 8 GB Memory DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9 (PV316G160C9K)

    2ND HDD: SEAGATE Barracuda 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 500 GB (ST500DM002)

    Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II - 2 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 3.0 (GTX670-DC2-2GD5)

    Case: COOLER MASTER CM 690 II Advanced version USB 3.0 PC Tower Case (RC-692A-KKN5)

    Will be having a go at overclocking( only to about 4.00GHz, but definitely want to overclock, not extreme)
    If you see any problem or have any suggestions please tell me :).

    Thanks
    Jimmylad
    That is a nice setup i don't see nothing wrong other then you only need 8gb of ram and the fisher price watercooling that needs to go in your trash can the rest is fine.
  16. Ok thanks, will check 8gb RAM out and that case as it is a bit cheaper, also changed to a GIGABYTE gtx 670, or would the EVGA be better for gaming etc?
  17. I say go for the MSI 670 PE or The Asus Top DUII
    ASUS GTX 670 TOP = Silent.
    MSI GTX 670 PE = Better Overclocking.

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/56546-msi-gtx-670-power-edition-oc-review-20.html (670 PE OC)

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/55270-asus-gtx-670-directcu-ii-top-review-20.html (ASUS 670 TOP OC)

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_670_directcu_ii_top_review,23.html (ASUS 670 TOP Overclocking)

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_670_power_edition_oc_review,24.html (MSI 670 PE Overclocking)

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_670_directcu_ii_top_review,9.html (ASUS 670 TOP Temperature)

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_670_power_edition_oc_review,9.html (MSI 670 PE Temperature)

    Pick which you care more about. Nothing is Perfect between those 2 card. If you care more about silent, I would choose ASUS, but if you care more about Overclocking, I would go for 670 PE. Both are Excellent card.
  18. I wont be overclcoking the GPU, doesent the ASUS have problems with it? not sure what kind of problems, but was just asking as i am curious.

    UPDATE:

    CPU : INTEL Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K - 3.4 GHz - 6 MB L3 Cache - LGA 1155 Socket (BX80637I53570K)


    PSU : CORSAIR GS700 PC Gaming Series Power supply - 700 W


    1ST HDD: OCZ OCZ SSD2.5AGI LITY120


    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 1155 Socket - Z77 Chipset - ATX


    CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Processor Cooler (RR-212E-16PK-R1)


    Ram: CORSAIR 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9 Vengeance Gold PC Memories (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9G)


    2ND HDD: SEAGATE Barracuda 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 500 GB (ST500DM002)


    Graphics Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 670 - 2 GN GDDR5 - PCI-Express 3.0 (GV-N670OC-2GD)


    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 Plus PC Tower Case
  19. #1-ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP 2 GB
    reason-
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html
    #2-MSI GTX 670 Power Edition Twin Frozr IV 2 GB
    reason-
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Edition/33.html
  20. Thanks buddy, will probably get an ASUS then. Also, is my motherboard a weakness, what would be the next step up (either ASUS or GIGABYTE)?
  21. I actually like the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO if you wanted cheaper i would go with GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
  22. NO. get the gigabyte 670. its 329.99 after MIR.

    the ud5h is a better option if you ask me
  23. Nice one, i will stick with the ASUS for now then :).
  24. TheBigTroll said:
    NO. get the gigabyte 670. its 329.99 after MIR.

    the ud5h is a better option if you ask me
    Hes not in U.S. the gigabyte 670 is not same price
  25. aww. that shucks
  26. jimmylad said:
    Nice one, i will stick with the ASUS for now then :).
    Goodchoice i would do the same. :D
  27. LOL sorry :D. EVGA seems quite good, the FTW version. Base clock: 1006MHz?
  28. I like it. But reason i don't recommend it is because it runs hotter then others do it's also louder other then that it's great
  29. Oh ok fair enough :), still with ASUS, what is this ASUS TOP and non TOP? Can you explain what the differences are? Thanks again :)
  30. pretty much higher clock speeds but you can overclock it yourself
  31. Asus Top uses higher specially binned chip.NON TOP uses lesser chip.I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans.heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is monster let's keep it on the real. TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html
  32. you dont get overvolting with the asus though. if you are unlucky and got the first batch of top cards, they were full of v-bios problems. they fixed it from what i hear
  33. TheBigTroll said:
    you dont get overvolting with the asus though. if you are unlucky and got the first batch of top cards, they were full of v-bios problems. they fixed it from what i hear
    He said he doesn't plan on overclocking his card the highest factory overclocked one is the Zotac GTX670 AMP!!But i don't know if it's any good :??:
  34. zotac amp is pretty good. just very big
  35. So which card do you think he should get? I think since he won't overclock he should get one with a high factory overclock.
  36. id get the asus if he wont overclock. boost clock goes higher than most other cards. probably higher than the amp
  37. I think so to that is why i keep recommending the Asus lol.
  38. Ill get the normal ASUS 670, not the TOP one, or do you think there will be a big difference?
  39. Yes there will be the whole point to getting the top is for it's high factory overclock since you said you won't overclock.But get what you want mate.It's your money.
  40. Ok, ill check the TOP out
  41. Lol!No...no... i don't want to force anything on you get what you want seriously.It's your build not ours you should pick.
  42. Nah its ok, ill check it out later ;). Thanks for the suggestions buddy
  43. boulbox said:
    well i do hate my nzxt 410 so i would love to get a better one but i am talking about the OP and his case


    Was that a sarcasm? or do you really hate it? :)
    Because I saw that case, and I am even thinking of trying to get one if I can in my country, I just like how the white one reminds me of Stormtrooper or something. :D
    Its small, but thats all the bad things I can say. Why do you hate it, if it was not a joke? :)
  44. No problem.Your welcome.
  45. Vid Nikolic said:
    Was that a sarcasm? or do you really hate it? :)
    Because I saw that case, and I am even thinking of trying to get one if I can in my country, I just like how the white one reminds me of Stormtrooper or something. :D
    Its small, but thats all the bad things I can say. Why do you hate it, if it was not a joke? :)


    It should be on sale now for around $70-$80 so it would be worth it now but i bought it at the $100 price which is not worth it at all.

    It has good cable management but it doesnt have enough holes, the rubber grommets are low quality and just fall right off, the inside of the case is small but the outside of the case is huge for a mid tower.

    i have to say it does look nice but i would prefer something like a 500R, CM HAF XM, or Fractal R4.

    also if you can find a sale for CM storm styker(been on sale for around $120) go get it, it is a full tower so make sure you have room to put it in.
  46. If I got the normal ASUS GTX 670 and overclocked it to about 1,160MHz, would the stock fans be good enough to handle the temperatures?

    Also how easy is this GPU to overclock?

    Thanks
    Jimmylad
  47. the non-top cards usually wont overclock that high. asus does the binning so that its very rare of that happening

    my 670 can only hit 1125mhz before it throttles down. not enough volts
  48. http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide Try this tutorial, it goes over everything needed for GTX 670 overclocking, and takes into account that each chip is different.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gtx Asus Cases Systems Product