Gtx 680 or hd7970 help me choose

cooldudesubho

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
At that res none of this cards can max out demanding games like BF3,batman arkham city,c2,metro and give smooth framerate.You need to either sli or crossfire.And nvidia cards are definitely better in multigpu department.
ANd those cared you linked that gigabyte one is faster than 7970 there.That thing is super overclocked

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Both of these cards seem superclocked so lets assume they are both faster than the baseline comparison: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/555?vs=508

I dont like that specific 680 because it takes up 3 slots. And I like that 7970 because it is much cheaper and has more video RAM.

But, since you have a high resolution monitor I think you would be better off with 2x EVGA 670GTX 2GB FTW cards. They are also overclocked have a 680 form factor and cooling, which makes them quieter than usual, and the two cards would drive your 2560x1600 successfully in all games.

Once again I would look at what games you really like and have a look at the comparison link i sent you where you can see how the cards fare against each other.

I can't post benchmarks of how the other card your considering would compare because amd fanboys will rip me apart claiming those are not benchmarks with the newest drivers but it will not preform the same as any other 7970ghz so there is noway to prove anything sorry about that.

I couldn't find any other benchmarks at that res for the card i checked TPU's database did i miss something ?

G

I agree bigmack. even 690 is missing so is 590. If amd 6990 is there, so should rest of the cards as 690 and 590. And ppl should mention the driver versions used while mentioning such a long list of screen-shots as well as the ORIGINAL review site links ( This will not be hard ?). Here people r spending their hard earned money and $400 to $500 is not a joke.

I agree bigmack. even 690 is missing so is 590. If amd 6990 is there, so should rest of the cards as 690 and 590. And ppl should mention the driver versions used while mentioning such a long list of screen-shots as well as the ORIGINAL review site links ( This will not be hard ?). Here people r spending their hard earned money and $400 to $500 is not a joke.
I have no time to mention it clearly says on the benchmarks VORTEX not to hard to figure out where they came from here the source check it out if you like http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/gigabyte_gtx680_super_overclock_review,1.html i am in a hurry i have a big day so you'll have to excuse not writing all that in

There is NO WAY to prove that card is worse or better. I already mentioned that there is NO TEST with the newest drivers of that 7970 GHz he is considering updated drivers tests on others cards DON'T PROVE NOTHING about when comparing the two cards he is considering.The only thing that can be proven is one cost way more than the other.Do you know of some benchmarks that are up to date of both cards if not case closed. I ain't the one homey so save it. I don't play that red team green team non sense if your so concerned and worried about it post something useful instead of sipping your red kool aid and criticizing me .

That last post of mine was not directed towards you. I know you prefer amd cards. I wouldn't go so far as to say your a fan boy who sip's red kool aid all day!I have seen you recommend 670 in threads. I know your not just a fan boy like some on this forum are ;) I just get sick of the red team green team non sense.

Seconding this, The 7970 results look like the 12.1 or 12.4 drivers

Hey baby, I'm hung like Windows ME :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW i already mentioned that there isn't any up to date benchmarks comparing the cards in question at least not that i could find.