SSA Controller error?

Hi, I just purchased a Belkin high speed USB 2.0 PCI card
for my computer running Windows XP Pro Svc pack 1.
Hardware configuration includes a P4 3.0GHz HT processor,
Intel desktop board model D865PERL, 1 gig SDRAM, a 160
gig seagate HD and a couple other things that shouldn't
be of concern.

I installed the card this evening and immediately my
computer decided it did not want to start up
normally...i.e. blue screen of death. after some
coercing it finally started up but could not install the
software necessary for the "SSA controller." To be
honest, I don't have any clue what that is...a friend
mentioned something along the lines that SSA is the
German version of USB.

At any rate, I went into the device manager and confirmed
that the PCI USB 2 card was indeed installed, at least it
shows up as a functioning device, (after downloading the
latest drivers from the Belkin website and rebooting) but
it will not function/recognize any USB device I plug into
it.

If you could give me a hand to figure this out I would
really appreciate it
2 answers Last reply
More about controller error

    Well, I just answered my own question for those out there
    who were curious about this problem. I guess the "SSA
    Controller" has something to do with the PCI slot
    itself. I just moved the card from one PCI slot to an
    empty one and voila...all is well. I don't know if this
    was some freak of chance or what but it anyone has this
    type of issue...give that relocation method a shot. The
    bad news of course...I think I have a bum PCI slot :-P

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    I believe the first PCI slot and the AGP slot share resources.
    Therefore using the first PCI slot for some cards may cause problems
    which go away when a slot further away is used.

    Trevor wrote:
    > Well, I just answered my own question for those out there
    > who were curious about this problem. I guess the "SSA
    > Controller" has something to do with the PCI slot
    > itself. I just moved the card from one PCI slot to an
    > empty one and voila...all is well. I don't know if this
    > was some freak of chance or what but it anyone has this
    > type of issue...give that relocation method a shot. The
    > bad news of course...I think I have a bum PCI slot :-P

Drivers Windows XP