Sign in with
Your question

The driver wont install for my two asus HD 7770s

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 25, 2012 10:55:39 PM

Hello,
i just bought two asus hd 7770s and plugged them all in with crossfire and i put in the diskand install the drivers but at the end of the install it says "installation complete (warnings occured during installation. view log for details" so i view the log and AMD display driver final status - Fail, somebody please help me, btw this is my first crossfire install.
September 25, 2012 11:02:08 PM

btw my pc specs are - Mobo= gigabyte GA-970A-D3 - CPU= AMD athlon II x2 260 -RAM 16gb - PSU Some 650watt a-power crap
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 25, 2012 11:07:38 PM

I've never done any multi GPU set ups but I wonder if you should install the driver for a single one first and then plug in the second one? It's something to try until someone else can give you a real answer.
m
l
Related resources
September 25, 2012 11:13:00 PM

mace200200 said:
I've never done any multi GPU set ups but I wonder if you should install the driver for a single one first and then plug in the second one? It's something to try until someone else can give you a real answer.

thankyou i will try that
m
l
September 25, 2012 11:28:08 PM

Quote:
First remove the failed driver, next remove one card. Install drivers with one card installed and use the newest driver from AMDs website, not your CD. Once they are installed, shut down. Installed the other card and the crossfire connector. Reboot. Go into AMDs Catalyst Control Center and check off crossfire. Should work. I never recommend multi card setup and usually advise against it. Maybe you will be luckier than I have been, and I have run 3 crossfire and one SLI setup. I will never do it again.
thankyou for your help
m
l
September 26, 2012 12:45:14 AM

thanks everyone for your help i have managed to install the drivers for my cards
m
l
!