Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Fan
  • Games
  • Battlefield
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 26, 2012 3:58:13 AM

I was playing BF3 tonight, and a couple of times this has happened. I would be playing, and my game would crash, and it would like, reset my graphics card fan. Whenever I play BF3 or any graphics intensive game, I usually set my fan speed to about 80% and my temps run about 80 ish Celsius. So I took an earphone off to listen if it was my fan finally dying. And when my game crashed, It would shut my fan off. Anyone have any idea what might cause this?

My specs are

Core I7 960
GTX 470
Corsair DDR3 1600mhz 6Gb

More about : weird fan issue

a c 104 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 5:36:42 AM

can you check your temps when in game? use gpuz to find them...also try updating your drivers
m
l
September 26, 2012 2:13:42 PM

drums101 said:
can you check your temps when in game? use gpuz to find them...also try updating your drivers

I use MSI afterburner, and usually set the fan speed between 80-85% depending on the game. I will look and see if there is an update on the drivers. but the game would shut off like it over heated, but the fan speed would only cut off as soon as the game closed. it is weird
m
l
Related resources
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 4:13:22 PM

does the crash in the game cause a hard lock up of the computer? or are you able to alt+cntrl+delete back to desktop and close the non-responding game? if it causes a hard lock up the fan speed prolly changes bc msi afterburner is no longer running to tell the gpu to spin up at 80% and the original fan profile is much lower or something
m
l
September 26, 2012 6:24:11 PM

drums101 said:
does the crash in the game cause a hard lock up of the computer? or are you able to alt+cntrl+delete back to desktop and close the non-responding game? if it causes a hard lock up the fan speed prolly changes bc msi afterburner is no longer running to tell the gpu to spin up at 80% and the original fan profile is much lower or something

No i can Control+Alt+Del out of the game. thats why its weird, and i didn't really know how to search it. I will try and play tonight and see if it happens again.
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 6:31:05 PM

maybe the setting in afterburner is only for 3d applications so then it knocks the fan back down once you quit the game?
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 6:31:29 PM

or its just a software bug with the drivers crashing which is totally possible
m
l
October 4, 2012 5:50:12 AM

well i haven't had a problem for a while. don't really know what it was causing it.
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
October 4, 2012 5:58:45 AM

well thats good and bad at leas the problem has gone away but now you dont know what caused it so if it comes back you wont know how to fix it...
m
l
!