Problems with Newsgroups?

Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last few
days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.

Jinx D. Jester wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
> usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last few
> days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
> found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
> most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
> Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.

I use http://news.individual.net/, much like many other
alt.games.whitewolf posters (for a while it was sorta the agww
unofficial official news server, IIRC), and have never had a problem
with it.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last few
days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.

-----
i use AOL and it seems to work fine all the time. i hate using a web browser
to read newsgroups! i guess i could use outlook but i hate that as well..

regards,

tom m.

FanDome123 wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
> usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last few
> days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
> found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
> most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
> Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.
>

> -----
> i use AOL and it seems to work fine all the time. i hate using a web browser
> to read newsgroups! i guess i could use outlook but i hate that as well..
>
> regards,
>
> tom m.

Apparently it's working now that I emailed my provider, but I didn't get
anything posted between my last message and this one. I didn't even get
the post I made about this, having it say that the message had expired
on the server.

I use the Netscape Mail program to read newsgroups normally. It's not
so bad, and I like it a LOT better than Outlook. Just for some reason I
was having problems getting messages, and I was trying to figure out if
it was just my providor, or the actual newsgroup.

Jinx D. Jester wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
> usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last
few
> days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
> found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
> most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
> Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.

I post through Google, largely because I'm too cheap to do anything
else! (hey, all my spare cash goes to anime and gaming books!)

In fact, this is my first post using Google's new Beta configuration;
at first I hated it, but I see now that it can be custormized back to
something I'm more familiar with, so that's ok. Just hope it's not too
glitched up...[wards against Paradox]

Dex

daitokuji@gmail.com wrote:
> Jinx D. Jester wrote:
>
>>Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
>>usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last
>
> few
>
>>days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
>>found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
>>most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
>>Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.
>

> I post through Google, largely because I'm too cheap to do anything
> else! (hey, all my spare cash goes to anime and gaming books!)
>
> In fact, this is my first post using Google's new Beta configuration;
> at first I hated it, but I see now that it can be custormized back to
> something I'm more familiar with, so that's ok. Just hope it's not too
> glitched up...[wards against Paradox]
>
> Dex

Yeah, see my access is provided by my ISP, so I get it included in my
internet costs, and don't have to pay anything extra.

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:46:30 -0600, "Jinx D. Jeztor"
<jinxdjester@charter.net> wrote:

>daitokuji@gmail.com wrote:
>> Jinx D. Jester wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone else noticed any problems with their newsgroup servers? I
>>>usually get mine through Charter, but for some reason for the last
>>
>> few
>>
>>>days it hasn't been reading any new messages, though I apparently
>>>found some listed here. If you don't mind me asking, what servers do
>>>most of you go through? How many of you post through sites, like
>>>Google Groups, for instance? Just wondering.
>>

>> I post through Google, largely because I'm too cheap to do anything
>> else! (hey, all my spare cash goes to anime and gaming books!)
>>
>> In fact, this is my first post using Google's new Beta configuration;
>> at first I hated it, but I see now that it can be custormized back to
>> something I'm more familiar with, so that's ok. Just hope it's not too
>> glitched up...[wards against Paradox]
>>
>> Dex
>>
>Yeah, see my access is provided by my ISP, so I get it included in my
>internet costs, and don't have to pay anything extra.

My ISP provides a news server and I use Forte Agent
(http://forteinc.com/main/homepage.php)

it's reasonably easy to set up and means it has nothing to do with
Outlook or web based.

Has easy to set up subscription to newsgroups and sort/filter etc
settings

Mad_Macs_2@weirdness-central.co.uk
http://www.weirdness-central.co.uk/
User error: Please replace user and press any key
If you find you are falling into madness - Dive!!