New motherboard asus p5kpl-cm

my new asus p5kpl-cm is compatible, with: nvidia ge force 6600, cpu intel core 2quad and memory 2x dimm 4gb,ddr2 1333 mhz???
9 answers Last reply
More about motherboard asus p5kpl
  1. yes your motherboard would support all of those components just fine assuming you have a good enough powersupply to provide enough power to it...one thing to note the board only supports memory up to 1066mhz and thats at OC speeds...so your 1333mhz may not run at full speeds.
  2. drums101 said:
    yes your motherboard would support all of those components just fine assuming you have a good enough powersupply to provide enough power to it...one thing to note the board only supports memory up to 1066mhz and thats at OC speeds...so your 1333mhz may not run at full speeds.

    Thanks my man!!! that meens I have to change to memory 1066mhz???
  3. no you dont have too...you would be able to put the 1333mhz memory in there it would just be limited to 1066 speeds....if you can find memory that is cheaper than the 1333mhz you have picked out then I would go with that....also why are you building a system with such old parts?
  4. is for my wife ....and I had this unused (new) motherboard in my closet from 2010!!! so I have to use it until get money to build a new one....My pension is not to big!!
  5. ahh ok fair enough...so you only own the motherboard already? you have to purchase the rest of the parts? if so dont buy a core2 quad...for basic computing a core 2 duo would be just fine...it would save you some money too
  6. drums101 said:
    ahh ok fair enough...so you only own the motherboard already? you have to purchase the rest of the parts? if so dont buy a core2 quad...for basic computing a core 2 duo would be just fine...it would save you some money too

    Thanks for your advise...but I have this cpu from other old computer!!! by the way the 600w psu is ok for this kit??
  7. yep a 600watt psu would be fine for it you should have no issues with any of the components you picked out
  8. :bounce: :D :love: Every think is working perfect...Thank's....Bless you...
    drums101 said:
    yep a 600watt psu would be fine for it you should have no issues with any of the components you picked out
  9. haha no problem glad I could help out!
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus Motherboards Graphics