Sign in with
Your question

ASUS G51J Graphic Problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 26, 2012 5:41:54 AM

For a few months now, if I put too much strain onto my graphic card (running any YouTube videos or video games), my laptop will make dubstep noises and then turn off. From the sounds of it, it sounds like it is a motherboard fan problem.

I sent it out to ASUS, 3 weeks later, they sent it back and told me it is fixed.

Same problem occurs as soon as I open Diablo 3.

This is a laptop from TigerDirect and it is a G51J with the graphic card and motherboard of a G51Jx. It came with Integrated Graphics along with GTS360M. Is there some way to just use integrated graphics and hope that it won't overheat and crash my computer? I have no idea what other way to deal with ASUS customer service. They wasted 3 weeks to send me back an unfixed, broken product.

Yes, all my drivers are updated, even the ones that don't need to be updated through DriverMax.

Yes, I have updated my BIOS in hopes that it would tell my motherboard how to use the fan properly.
a c 191 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 5:51:15 AM

Its probably because of overheating.
m
l
September 26, 2012 4:21:16 PM

alkajak said:
Is there some way to just use integrated graphics and hope that it won't overheat and crash my computer?

Deemo13 said:
Its probably because of overheating.

NOOOO....
/sarcasm

Can someone provide a suggestion or solution on the whole situation please? Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
a c 191 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 6:09:34 PM

Well, they make laptop fans that go under the laptop. They don't make the one I use anymore, but ones that raise the laptop off the ground are usually pretty good.

m
l
September 26, 2012 6:34:56 PM

Deemo13 said:
Well, they make laptop fans that go under the laptop. They don't make the one I use anymore, but ones that raise the laptop off the ground are usually pretty good.

I've used one, it barely helps, maybe delays my crash by about 2-3 minutes. Is there a way to turn off the Nvidia graphic card (by uninstalling the drivers) and just use JUST the integrated instead? Or will both be used regardless of uninstalling the Nvidia drivers?
m
l
September 28, 2012 5:20:48 AM

^ Up
m
l
!