Budget Gaming Pc building with a dash of Multimedia usage

Ajyst

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
:eek: Good Evening All! :D

Name's Victor and I have been scouring the net for basic info to bone up on current cpu's intel vs. amd, possible deals out there through Newegg.com Tigerdirect.com and CompUsa.com, and I would very very very Much appreciate your help whether it be about specific brand quality versus others or advice to help me narrow down my Needs/Wants vs. Reality..lol

AOL 2.5 or was it 2.1, ahh I can't quite remember was my time I first got a hold of Pc and played the hell out of Doom! Now having a somewhat steady, albeit-small income but steady none the less, I'm in need of Opinions from the Experienced individuals who roam these here' digital parts, to build a budget friendly yet, upgradable gaming pc capable of playing the new FFXIV 2.0 Realm Reborn that is due to release sometime in spring 2013. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but, hey, I'd like to rejoin it =).

I am very interested in Gaming;
not just FFXIV but WoW (solely for the reason that it's somewhat fun but more so that it's a great way to stay active with my friends who are on the other side of globe, stationed at the various U.S. forts,camps..etc.), Secret World {maybe}, Wildstar which seems to be interesting looking.

What I'm looking to do with this PC
-Light video editing, nothing near professional level
-Making custom DVD's/CD's of the footage gathered
-Examining Photo's and using some mainstream photo editing software, basic/amateur
-use 2 displays at some point [NOT a huge deal at all if avoiding this reduces the price =)]
*and just something for the future if and once I have extra cash for an extra monitor*
-Webcam with me buddies stationed in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Japan and extended family in Alaska
-Enjoy Movies and all that beautiful digital media on a monitor or a 32-40 inch LCD/LED tv
-Game on that 32-40 inch LCD/LED tv
---Budget without peripherals, Windows 7, Monitor---

>USB 3.0 isn't so important to me at all.

>a decent 500gb hdd-1tb is very awesome for me, whichever you feel is good is fine by me-I'm not too
much into downloading tons of movies and music but I will every so often. I found this one. I am not
partial to any brand.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

>i5-3570k processor is what I am set on =)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

>RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

>Case Coolermaster Storm Scout has really caught my eye http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

Mobo- Now, I have no clue as to which Mobo would be decent and budget friendly.
GPU - So many out there it's making my head spin!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161396&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

**Updated 11/21/12*********************************************************
Taking Dheraj9933's advice I'll be on the lookout for this Saphire Hd7850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004

Ooops, or was it this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161405

SSD - heck naw, regular hdd is perfect for me
HDD - Velociraptor 10,000 RPM? worth it or stick with the average 7200 RPM?
Monitor - Most likely with stick with a dedicated Monitor in the 23' inch + range since

I'm not sure if what I chose necesarily fits well with eachother. I'm using limited knowledge that I've read here and there on these forums.

If you can please Educate me on my choices and what would be a more user/budget friendly take on these options I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you all and have a great Thanksgiving!
Vic

Solution
i hope u mean 1080p when u say high def.
here u have a i5(3rd gen) LGA1155 is your socket.
these chipsets are available for this
before that these are the things u look for in a mobo
-number of memory slots, sata 3GB or 6GB interface, Usb 2.0 or 3.0,
-Pciexpress 2.0 or 3.0 for your gpu,
-SLI or CrossfireX compatibility, and socket for ur processor.
Z77(for overclockers and all the features u can get from a mobo)
B75(4 mem slots, Pci 3.0, Sata 6GB and everything that H67 has)
H67(Usb 3.0, supports K series cpu's, pci 2.0, 2 mem slots, SATA 6GB
H61.(cheapest, but not bad)
it can have a pci 3.0!!, usb 2.0(u dont care about 3.0), Sata 3GB(since u dont have a n ssd u cant benefit from 6GB either), 2 mem slots( 2x 4GB is enough)
do u want a...

dheeraj9933

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
10000 RPM is like 2100Mhz ram, only good to look at, stick with 7200 rpm,
hd 6780 for 169$ ?? u can get an Hd 7850 for 10$ more and it is wayyy better than 6870, i recommend u make this change.
u can save money on mobo and go with an h67 chipset or something higher.
also do u play any hardcore games like Bf3 or Withcer 2??
and at what resolution do u play??

Ajyst

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

Dheeraj9933,
First, Thanks Much for the speedy reply!

Aha! Eureka! Thanks for the clarification about the 10000 rpm vs. 7200 rpm question I had, I was thinking that 10krpm sounded a bit gimmicky.

Yessir, I sure do, I enjoy MW3 and Bf3, sadly I haven't had much time for Witcher although I've heard great things about it.
I'll make that switch from the hd6780 to the Hd 785o for sure!

With the h67 chipset, whats the selling point or I mean what's good about it, and possibly could you include a link for me?

Higher resolution, high def when possible and for now on a 23 inch sceptre monitor, nothing special.

dheeraj9933

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
i hope u mean 1080p when u say high def.
here u have a i5(3rd gen) LGA1155 is your socket.
these chipsets are available for this
before that these are the things u look for in a mobo
-number of memory slots, sata 3GB or 6GB interface, Usb 2.0 or 3.0,
-Pciexpress 2.0 or 3.0 for your gpu,
-SLI or CrossfireX compatibility, and socket for ur processor.
Z77(for overclockers and all the features u can get from a mobo)
B75(4 mem slots, Pci 3.0, Sata 6GB and everything that H67 has)
H67(Usb 3.0, supports K series cpu's, pci 2.0, 2 mem slots, SATA 6GB
H61.(cheapest, but not bad)
it can have a pci 3.0!!, usb 2.0(u dont care about 3.0), Sata 3GB(since u dont have a n ssd u cant benefit from 6GB either), 2 mem slots( 2x 4GB is enough)
do u want a newegg link?

Solution

Ajyst

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Dheeraj9933

Yes sir, I sure do mean 1080p!
Oh, that's exactly what I was needing! Thank you so much for the breakdown in an easy to understand format, this really really helps me alot!
And yes please if you have a spare moment or two to list some newegg.com links.

On a side note, you going to do anything for Thanksgiving tomorrow?

The solid state drive and 3.0 is something I'm not concerned with right this moment but, in about a years time I will then focus on putting usb 3.0 to use as well as begin with overclocking. Reason being is because for now this a gift to myself for completing the first part of my teaching program, al that is now left is to take my content exam (the area i want to be certified in) and my ppr exam that is over code of ethics and etc. in the scope of teaching.