Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to obtain constant 60FPS+ Min in BF3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 26, 2012 10:20:53 AM

Hi, Im looking for a GPU setup to be able to obtain a constant 60FPS+ Min at 1080p in the latest games such as BF3 etc.

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 10:44:50 AM

Play it at Low Settings.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 11:02:25 AM

electricfirebolt said:
Hi, Im looking for a GPU setup to be able to obtain a constant 60FPS+ Min at 1080p in the latest games such as BF3 etc.

Thanks




not sure, what point or information envy is trying to give you.


you need to give your system spec, so we can figure out the most suuitable card. INcluded make model, cpu/psu/memory/motherboard etc.

Then we can give recommendations.

:) 
Related resources
September 26, 2012 11:08:36 AM

Im looking for the best GPU out there for latest games, Im not bothered about the price. Im running an overclocked Phenom 1100T @ 4.2ghz, 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, Sabertooth 990FX, PSU 1500W Silverstone, Its got to the point of the build where its time to pick the graphics card.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 11:12:35 AM

One graphics card? Mmm, GTX 690 might do it on High settings combined with a 5GHz Ivy Bridge quad-core CPU...
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 11:14:11 AM

The point of what I am saying is....You gotta provide more information about your question. I answered the question but now we know he is a big spender and should buy the most expensive GPU possible. So, yeah 690 is great.
September 26, 2012 11:15:07 AM

The 1100T is actually a pretty good CPU for BF3 since BF3 can use all 6 cores well - won't be any bottlenecking there.

No single GPU can achieve 60fps minimum framerates at 1080p ultra. You need two high end GPUs for that - a pair of 670s/7970s/680s or a 690. If you're willing to turn down or turn off MSAA, a single 7970/670/680 should do it.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 11:22:19 AM

envy14tpe said:
The point of what I am saying is....You gotta provide more information about your question. I answered the question but now we know he is a big spender and should buy the most expensive GPU possible. So, yeah 690 is great.



envy, the point of your first post was not in anyway answering the OP's questions or providing helpful info. Infact you made no point whatsoever!!

a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 11:22:54 AM

BigMack70 said:
The 1100T is actually a pretty good CPU for BF3 since BF3 can use all 6 cores well - won't be any bottlenecking there.

No single GPU can achieve 60fps minimum framerates at 1080p ultra. You need two high end GPUs for that - a pair of 670s/7970s/680s or a 690. If you're willing to turn down or turn off MSAA, a single 7970/670/680 should do it.




^+1 good choices, good recommendation!.
September 26, 2012 11:27:56 AM

I've been really lucky in my computer build. Come across alot of bargains. I got my 1100T for £85 etc, My PSU has been the most expensive component so far excluding the cost of this upcoming GPU setup (Lol), So what Crossfire/ Sli setup would get me 60fps+ min maxxed?
September 26, 2012 11:42:54 AM

Get two 660ti.

(and overclock)
September 26, 2012 12:24:35 PM

about the same. Probably go for nvidia if bf3 is your main game though.
September 26, 2012 12:26:37 PM

lozz08 said:
Get two 660ti.

(and overclock)


Ewwwwwww that's a horrid idea. The 660ti already has bad minimum framerates (for the price) due to its crippled memory bus and throwing them in SLI will just amplify the problem (relatively speaking of course).

The 660ti is just about the worst idea for SLI out there.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 12:39:01 PM

Cpu will be a bottleneck on multiplayer regardless so kinda pointless here. I even have a small cpu bottleneck shown by 90% cpu usage for my gpus and i have a much better cpu.
September 26, 2012 12:41:46 PM

Dont start the CPU argument, I know for the fact that CPU will not be a bottleneck and if so its capable of cranking up to 4.5GHz with my watercooling setup.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 12:50:38 PM

electricfirebolt said:
Dont start the CPU argument, I know for the fact that CPU will not be a bottleneck and if so its capable of cranking up to 4.5GHz with my watercooling setup.


Haha the cpu argument wouldn't be valid if you where asking for average of 60 but you want min and you cpu with high end cards in multiplayer will be not what you expect.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 12:50:39 PM

If your going for a two card solution I would use 2 AMD 7950's as they will hold over 60FPS minimum at 1080p. The reason is two 7950 are only 3 FPS slower(122 vs 125) than two GTX 670' in BF3 at 1080p and the 7950's are cheaper.

Personally at 1080p I would consider changing the 60FPS minimum requirement to 60FPS average and pick up a single GTX 680 or a AMD 7970. To each is their own.
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 12:51:55 PM

Get 2 x 670s and set up 3 monitors with Dell Ultrasharps.
September 26, 2012 1:05:15 PM

If money is no object then yes go with the gtx 690. I think its running what about $1k?
September 26, 2012 1:08:30 PM

envy14tpe said:
Get 2 x 670s and set up 3 monitors with Dell Ultrasharps.

For FPS games, or any game at that, more than one monitor is kinda pointless.

If you have the money why not go with two 680's?
September 26, 2012 2:02:15 PM

I rarely ever go below 70-80 FPS(all settings maxed @1080p) SLI GTX 670 FTW's oc'd to 1250 clock, 6700 mem and i7 oc'd to 4.4mhz.

The last monitor report from Precision I checked showed min 66fps.
!