Want to get a gaming pc.

Hello,
This is my first time posting on toms hardware..

I had a thermaltake v3 black edition case with an I3 CPU and the old asus p7h55m-lx motherboard. I had a 4gig ram and the integrated graphics card within the I3 processor. Those were all from 2 yrs ago.

I am just wondering if I can still use this case and upgrade everything else to get a gaming pc that can master every game under high or ultra settings.

My budget is $1000-1500.
If not can you suggest a complete list of specs?
No monitor, mouse, os, keyboard needed.
Not a fan of over clocking.

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about want gaming
  1. You can definitely use that case for a new computer. You can get a lot for that budget too. Check out tom's best cpu and gpus for the money articles. Also think about getting a 1tb hdd and combining it with an SSD where you can load up your OS and a few games. 8 gigs of ram is enough for any gaming computer. Anyway, you aren't going to be using a mobo that isn't compatible with that case because they're pretty much all ATX.
  2. You can make a killer rig with $1500 bucks. I don't have time to link to every part at the moment, but here's some suggestions...

Core i5-3570k
    HD 7970 GHz
    Rosewill Capstone 750W PSU
    240GB or so SSD
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler

What resolution are you playing on?
  3. Thanks for your replies. Augray37 i am currently playing on 1920x1080.

I am looking for more opinions thanks guys!

If someone could give a complete list that would be perfect. If it is possible I would like the build to have some ability for future upgrades!

Thanks again! =)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems