Sign in with
Your question

Want to get a gaming pc.

Last response: in Systems
November 21, 2012 5:30:12 PM

Hello,
This is my first time posting on toms hardware..

I had a thermaltake v3 black edition case with an I3 CPU and the old asus p7h55m-lx motherboard. I had a 4gig ram and the integrated graphics card within the I3 processor. Those were all from 2 yrs ago.

I am just wondering if I can still use this case and upgrade everything else to get a gaming pc that can master every game under high or ultra settings.

My budget is $1000-1500.
If not can you suggest a complete list of specs?
No monitor, mouse, os, keyboard needed.
Not a fan of over clocking.

Thanks!

More about : gaming

November 21, 2012 5:46:02 PM

You can definitely use that case for a new computer. You can get a lot for that budget too. Check out tom's best cpu and gpus for the money articles. Also think about getting a 1tb hdd and combining it with an SSD where you can load up your OS and a few games. 8 gigs of ram is enough for any gaming computer. Anyway, you aren't going to be using a mobo that isn't compatible with that case because they're pretty much all ATX.
m
l
November 21, 2012 6:00:59 PM

You can make a killer rig with $1500 bucks. I don't have time to link to every part at the moment, but here's some suggestions...

Core i5-3570k
HD 7970 GHz
Rosewill Capstone 750W PSU
240GB or so SSD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler

What resolution are you playing on?
m
l
November 21, 2012 11:51:54 PM

Thanks for your replies. Augray37 i am currently playing on 1920x1080.

I am looking for more opinions thanks guys!

If someone could give a complete list that would be perfect. If it is possible I would like the build to have some ability for future upgrades!

Thanks again! =)
m
l
!