Rate this build

Comments about this build would be appreciated, planning on using it for a mid-range gaming pc

Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX - Z77, SATA600, USB3.0, PCI-E 3.0
CPU - Intel Core i5 3570 (4x 3.4ghz) HD 2500
Graphics - 2GB ATI Radeon HD 7870 - DVI, HDMI, 2xDP, DX11
Memory - 8gb Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 1600mhz (2x 4gb)
Hard Drive 1 - 1TB SATA3 Hard Drive (UDMA 600)
Power Supply - 500w Cooler Master GX Lite
Optical Drive 1 - Dual Layer DVDRW Drive
Wireless LAN 300mbps Wireless LAN Card

Thank you for any comments
9 answers Last reply
More about rate build
  1. Well, you don't need a Z77 with a regular non-K processor. You can go with a H77 instead to save some money.

Also, I would invest in a better power supply, one from Antec, Corsair, or Seasonic.
  2. I want to get a Z77 because Ive got the option to crossfire later
  3. You can get a ASRock H77 Pro4 with the option of CFX later.

Also, if you want to Crossfire later definitely get a better power supply. A good 750W should do just fine.
  4. Sorry should explain im getting one custom built online and the H77 chips they do are all ATX motherboards, could the ATX and replace it later if i do decide to crossfire?
  5. Personally, I would build one myself.

I don't understand your last statement though.
  6. Well the difference is only 50 so i would rather take away the hassle, and sorry it was meant to say they are all micro ATX cases
  7. Oh. Well, I'm just saying you can save a bundle and have an awesome sense of accomplishment. Also, you can determine the upgrade path and don't have to hassle with a shoddy warranty service.
  8. Deemo13 said:
    You can get a ASRock H77 Pro4 with the option of CFX later.

Also, if you want to Crossfire later definitely get a better power supply. A good 750W should do just fine.

You CANNOT crossfire on a motherboard with an H77 chip set . You can crossfire X , where the second card is in a slot with x4 bandwidth . Performance would take a serious hit

The OP should buy a Z77 chip set motherboard

He should also check that the RAM he has selected is rated for 1.5 volt operation

I wouldnt be a fan of the CM power supply either , but the spec's seem OK ... if the'yre telling the truth this time
  9. ^Wasn't aware of that. Thanks for pointing that out!

I'm just saying though if he wants to CF, then he should go for a larger power supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems