Sign in with
Your question

Corsair PSU problem with Asus GTX 560 ti dc2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 26, 2012 7:55:10 PM

Hello,

i have the weirdest problem with my rig.. and i think is a combination of GPU + PSU.

Started to notice some really faded scam lines whenever i started a Game(any), like a interference or a old crt mhz difference. this only appears with whenever i open a Game, i was told this problem could be because of my monitor´s adapter is VGA to DVI... (weird but starting to believe)

some tests i made:

tryed 3 Psu´s :

Corsair tx650v2
Corsair cx600v2
Nox Urano 600w

2 different monitors(VGA with adapter) plus a LCD(HDMI)

2 Graphical Cards :

Asus GTX 560 ti dc2
Asus GTX 670

2 boards

with both corsair Psu´s + both Boards + Both GPU´s + VGA Monitors (using different adapters) - i always see this thin lines...
with both corsair Psu´s + both Boards + Both GPU´s + LCD(HDMI) TV - Works Fine without any line...

till here i started to believe that the problem was on VGA - DVI adapter ... But tried different PSU:

with Nox psu + Both Boards + Both GPU´s + VGA Monitors (using different adapters) - Works Fine without any line...

Don´t know what to do... can anyone give me a tip on this problem...

Edit: tried a older gpu saphire hd 5750 with the same configuration (Corsair Psu + Vga Monitor) - working fine..

thx in advance ..

a c 191 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 26, 2012 8:00:37 PM

It's probably the monitor to be completely honest. What monitor are you using?
a b U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 8:11:21 PM

If the Nox PSU works with this, then is there a reason that you can't use it from now on?
Related resources
September 26, 2012 10:03:34 PM

Deemo13 said:
It's probably the monitor to be completely honest. What monitor are you using?

Heyas and thanks for the reply,

well i hv a hpw2007v
and i tested with other brad new samsung that i have @ work .. both working with all other pcs.
September 26, 2012 10:05:56 PM

luciferano said:
If the Nox PSU works with this, then is there a reason that you can't use it from now on?

Heyas and thanks for the reply,

well the nox psu has only a 24 + 4 pins and i bought the corsair cause it has 24 + 8 pins to fully power up the board, besides the nox only has one sata strip and can´t reach combo cd writer. (need an adapter for that)
September 26, 2012 10:06:50 PM

Quote:
Could just be you adapter or vga cable. Those are cheap to replace and test too.

tested with 3 different adapters already..
!