New Exalted-style Movie??

Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/houseofflyingdaggers-tlr.html

Some cool over the top action scenes, but the main thing I'm thinking
is "so *that's* what Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style looks like..."^^
Dex,
who must create a Blind Martial Arts Style now...^__^
13 answers Last reply
More about exalted style movie
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/houseofflyingdaggers-tlr.html
    >
    > Some cool over the top action scenes, but the main thing I'm thinking
    > is "so *that's* what Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style looks like..."^^
    > Dex,
    > who must create a Blind Martial Arts Style now...^__^

    And Zhang Ziyi. She's very beautiful.
    --
    [The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
    Richard Clayton

    Be a friend to man's best friend: don't buy dogs from pet stores.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Richard Clayton wrote:
    > Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > > http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/houseofflyingdaggers-tlr.html
    > >
    > > Some cool over the top action scenes, but the main thing I'm
    thinking
    > > is "so *that's* what Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style looks
    like..."^^
    > > Dex,
    > > who must create a Blind Martial Arts Style now...^__^
    >
    > And Zhang Ziyi. She's very beautiful.
    > --
    <Groucho>Well, if I could create Zhang Ziyi, I wouldn't be typing this!
    <Groucho/>

    > Be a friend to man's best friend: don't buy dogs from pet stores.

    ? Then, how do we get dogs? And what happens to the dogs in pet stores
    that no one buys?

    Dex
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:

    >>Be a friend to man's best friend: don't buy dogs from pet stores.
    >
    >
    > ? Then, how do we get dogs? And what happens to the dogs in pet stores
    > that no one buys?

    Adopt one from an animal shelter, or go to a reputable breeder. As to
    what happens to the dogs in pet stores, ideally their non-sales would
    force pet stores to start buying dogs from competent breeders instead of
    puppy mills.
    --
    [The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
    Richard Clayton

    Be a friend to man's best friend: don't buy dogs from pet stores.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Richard Clayton wrote:
    > And Zhang Ziyi. She's very beautiful.

    I'm learning chinese for the infinitesimal chance that I'll meet her
    some day at Cannes's festival.

    --
    Francois Gombault
    GPG key: http://hopeless.homelinux.org:2080/~francois/gpg/08A1B422.asc
    I WILL NOT BURP IN CLASS -- Bart Simpson on chalkboard
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Richard Clayton wrote:
    > Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    >
    > Adopt one from an animal shelter, or go to a reputable breeder. As
    to
    > what happens to the dogs in pet stores, ideally their non-sales would

    > force pet stores to start buying dogs from competent breeders instead
    of
    > puppy mills.
    > --
    Well, maybe they will, if there's a well-publicized boycott or
    something, but the dogs waiting there in the meantime won't be in good
    shape.

    Incidentally, what's wrong with pet stores, anyway? Is there something
    wrong with the dogs there? Honestly, I never heard of anything like
    this till I read your .sig...

    Dex
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Francois Gombault wrote:
    > Richard Clayton wrote:
    > > And Zhang Ziyi. She's very beautiful.
    >
    You know, I own several movies with her in them, and I've always
    maintained that she's not that beautiful, but is very, VERY cute. This
    movie may be the one that changes my mind, tho...

    > I'm learning chinese for the infinitesimal chance that I'll meet her
    > some day at Cannes's festival.
    >
    Nihao! About the only Chinese I know is from Ranma 1/2 ("Hello!" & "I
    love you!"), which would be enough, I would hope! Just make sure you
    don't make Chris Tucker's mistake in Rush Hour 2! ^__^

    Dex,
    still upset that they didn't sub half of Zhang's lines in that movie...
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Richard Clayton wrote:
    > Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    >
    > >>Be a friend to man's best friend: don't buy dogs from pet stores.
    > >
    > >
    > > ? Then, how do we get dogs? And what happens to the dogs in pet
    stores
    > > that no one buys?
    >
    > Adopt one from an animal shelter, or go to a reputable breeder. As
    to
    > what happens to the dogs in pet stores, ideally their non-sales would

    > force pet stores to start buying dogs from competent breeders instead
    of
    > puppy mills.
    > --
    Well, maybe they will, if there's a well-publicized boycott or
    something, but the dogs waiting there in the meantime won't be in good
    shape.

    Incidentally, what's wrong with pet stores, anyway? Is there something
    wrong with the dogs there? Honestly, I never heard of anything like
    this till I read your .sig...

    Dex
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Francois Gombault wrote:
    > handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

    > > You know, I own several movies with her in them, and I've always
    > > maintained that she's not that beautiful, but is very, VERY cute.
    This
    > > movie may be the one that changes my mind, tho...
    >
    > You should try your best to watch "2046" if you haven't already. In
    this
    > superb movie from director Wong Kar-Wei, Zhang Ziyi plays a wondeful
    > role and is incredibly attractive.

    I'll look for that one, thanks.
    >
    > > Nihao! About the only Chinese I know is from Ranma 1/2 ("Hello!" &
    "I
    > > love you!"), which would be enough, I would hope!
    >
    > Maybe... Though I think you've got to know more if you want anyone to

    > fall in love with your awkward-but-cute-or-at-least-intriguing
    western
    > accent. :)
    >\
    But I thought defeating her in mortal combat would be enough! You mean
    anime *lied* to me?!^^

    > > Just make sure you don't make Chris Tucker's mistake in Rush Hour
    2!
    > > ^__^
    >
    > Oh dear, I can't really remember that movie. What was that mistake
    again?
    >
    When Jackie Chan won't translate his commands to a Chinese crowd, he
    just starts spouting some random, Chinese-sounding gibberish. The crowd
    just looks shocked, so he asks Jackie:

    Chris: What the hell did I just say?
    Jackie: You told everyone to pull out their Samurai swords, and shave
    your butt!

    ^_^

    Dex
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hong Ooi wrote:
    > On 14 Dec 2004 07:49:41 -0800, handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Anyway, re HoFD: it's incredibly lush and beautiful, but the last
    half-hour
    > just gets silly, even by the melodramatic standards of wuxia.
    Personally, I
    > preferred Hero, dubious politics and all. That said, the dance near
    the
    > beginning featuring the drums was brilliant.

    Yeah, I read in a review that something happens towards the end that
    unintentionally had the (western) audience laughing their asses
    off...I'm curious to see if I'll be rolling my eyes at them or joining
    in...^^

    Dex
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:
    >>Richard Clayton wrote:
    >>
    >>> And Zhang Ziyi. She's very beautiful.
    >>
    > You know, I own several movies with her in them, and I've always
    > maintained that she's not that beautiful, but is very, VERY cute. This
    > movie may be the one that changes my mind, tho...

    You should try your best to watch "2046" if you haven't already. In this
    superb movie from director Wong Kar-Wei, Zhang Ziyi plays a wondeful
    role and is incredibly attractive.

    > Nihao! About the only Chinese I know is from Ranma 1/2 ("Hello!" & "I
    > love you!"), which would be enough, I would hope!

    Maybe... Though I think you've got to know more if you want anyone to
    fall in love with your awkward-but-cute-or-at-least-intriguing western
    accent. :)

    > Just make sure you don't make Chris Tucker's mistake in Rush Hour 2!
    > ^__^

    Oh dear, I can't really remember that movie. What was that mistake again?

    --
    Francois Gombault
    GPG key: http://hopeless.homelinux.org:2080/~francois/gpg/08A1B422.asc
    THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE DOES NOT END WITH HAIL SATAN -- Bart Simpson on
    chalkboard
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:
    > When Jackie Chan won't translate his commands to a Chinese crowd, he
    > just starts spouting some random, Chinese-sounding gibberish. The crowd
    > just looks shocked, so he asks Jackie:
    >
    > Chris: What the hell did I just say?
    > Jackie: You told everyone to pull out their Samurai swords, and shave
    > your butt!

    Okay, that convinced me. I think I'll take another year of chinese
    lessons before trying to talk to miss Zhang Ziyi. The risks are just too
    high at the moment. ;)

    --
    Francois Gombault
    GPG key: http://hopeless.homelinux.org:2080/~francois/gpg/08A1B422.asc
    I WILL NOT BRING SHEEP TO CLASS -- Bart Simpson on chalkboard
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Richard Clayton wrote:
    > handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Richard Clayton wrote:
    > >
    > >> Basically, when you buy a dog from a pet store, you're supporting
    a
    > >>system that breeds dogs to be weak, sickly, and stupid.
    > >
    > > [insert quip about public education here]
    >
    > The difference, of course, is that selfless obedience is prized in a

    > pet but dangerous in a body of citizens...
    >
    I sometimes wonder if our leaders really see the difference between the
    two...

    Dex
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Richard Clayton wrote:
    >
    >> I was particularly upset when one of my co-workers suggested that it
    >>might nearly be treason for Kerry to run against a "war president"
    > like
    >>Bush. The rationale was that Bush might have very good reasons for
    > the
    >>apparent mistakes he's made in handling the Iraq debacle, but since
    > it's
    >>a war he might not be able to explain them for reasons of national
    >>security. Thus, challenging him on those issues is tantamount to
    >>deliberate sabotage of our war effort.
    >
    > Sounds like my co-worker who (in defence of Bush's poor military
    > record) "explained" how George, Jr. couldn't be allowed to actually
    > serve in action because if he was captured, the enemy would have some
    > real leverage on the US.
    >
    > Although he couldn't really say anything when I pointed out to him that
    > that's simply a rationalization for having a ruling class that never
    > has to risk themselves or their children in fighting the wars that they
    > start and largely benefit from...

    You know, there was a time when it was considered a mark of honor for
    the sons of a family to serve in the military-- even families of wealth
    and privilege, and ESPECIALLY families with political connections.

    Then again, if I'd been born eight years later, I'm not sure I'd want
    to enlist *today* either. It's not the same military today as it was
    when I joined.
    --
    [The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
    Richard Clayton

    "The world needs more Starscream." -- Stephenls
Ask a new question

Read More

Movies Style Games Video Games