Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card issues please help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 26, 2012 8:13:24 PM

Hello,
i just got a acer aspire x3470 and realised it hasnt got a graphics card inside its got a internal one but space for a pci-e 16x but the issue is that the desktop itself is small so i dont kno what graphics cards are only compatable to this computer as my old graphics card for another standard pci-e 16 is just a bit too big for it not on the pins but as a general size

More about : graphic card issues

September 26, 2012 8:34:43 PM

Its compatiblew, while adding a new graphics card in any computer you will need to install drivers, there is a disc that comes with your computer, thats a driver disc put dont install it

go the the website for your graphics card (if its a asus go at asus.com) then go to the support page and downloads... most sites are like that, if you tell me whats your graphics card i can send you a link where to download it

so you download the drivers, after your graphics card is in, and you install it
now make sure you unplug the PC before installing drivers, never put a graphics card in with the computer open
Related resources
a c 200 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 8:50:44 PM

the problem is not the height of the video card. they sell 1/2 height video cards or low profile video cards for hptc systems.
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-...

the issue is your power supply in your pc is only 220w. it so under sized that the 620 wont run on your system. (need a 400w) ps as a min. i would look to see if the system uses a standard power supply if it does then your looking at a 430w ps and a low profile video card.
a c 158 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 8:53:07 PM

What do you want the video card for? Games? The issue is with the power supply in the system, no real gaming video cards will work.
a c 191 U Graphics card
September 26, 2012 9:00:05 PM

A HD7750 can be run on a decent 300W PSU, but 220W is too low. If you hope to play games, a PSU upgrade will be required. There are decent 300W-350W PSUs available in the TFX form factor from FSP and Seasonic.
September 26, 2012 9:46:48 PM

smorizio said:
the problem is not the height of the video card. they sell 1/2 height video cards or low profile video cards for hptc systems.
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-...

the issue is your power supply in your pc is only 220w. it so under sized that the 620 wont run on your system. (need a 400w) ps as a min. i would look to see if the system uses a standard power supply if it does then your looking at a 430w ps and a low profile video card.

how would i find out the power supply watt
September 26, 2012 9:47:49 PM

Onus said:
A HD7750 can be run on a decent 300W PSU, but 220W is too low. If you hope to play games, a PSU upgrade will be required. There are decent 300W-350W PSUs available in the TFX form factor from FSP and Seasonic.

could u link me some i really dont understand how u mean
!