RDR_FILE_SYSTEM.cdudf_xp.sys.How to prevent these errors?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello
I get blue screen errors "RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
cdudf_xp.sys - Address F44BDF3E base at F4484000, DateStamp 40368d3c" or
"RDL_FILE_SYSTEM". The last appeared after pushing Eject button on a CD-RW
drive with a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. The first appeared after trying
to open a folder on a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. Easy CD&DVD Creator
6.1.1.48 is installed. How to prevent these errors?

kelly

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=RDR_FILE_SYSTEM+&btnG=Search

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> Hello
> I get blue screen errors "RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
> cdudf_xp.sys - Address F44BDF3E base at F4484000, DateStamp 40368d3c" or
> "RDL_FILE_SYSTEM". The last appeared after pushing Eject button on a CD-RW
> drive with a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. The first appeared after trying
> to open a folder on a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. Easy CD&DVD Creator
> 6.1.1.48 is installed. How to prevent these errors?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Ok, so this is the Roxio UDF reader driver :(
Though it is newer than Microsoft's, it also is much LESS stable.
It can bluescreen if the disk has defects - as you've just seen.
The original MS driver never bluescreened on me.

Good luck
--PA

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message news:OE8q5Q%23YEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello
> I get blue screen errors "RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
> cdudf_xp.sys - Address F44BDF3E base at F4484000, DateStamp 40368d3c" or
> "RDL_FILE_SYSTEM". The last appeared after pushing Eject button on a CD-RW
> drive with a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. The first appeared after trying
> to open a folder on a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. Easy CD&DVD Creator
> 6.1.1.48 is installed. How to prevent these errors?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Thanks for your reply.
I did not install a Roxio UDF reader driver, but Easy CD&DVD Creator
6.1.1.48. How to make my computer use the original MS driver? Is not it
worse than Roxio's in any way?
"Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
> Ok, so this is the Roxio UDF reader driver :(
> Though it is newer than Microsoft's, it also is much LESS stable.
> It can bluescreen if the disk has defects - as you've just seen.
> The original MS driver never bluescreened on me.
>
> Good luck
> --PA
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I get blue screen errors "RDR_FILE_SYSTEM
> > cdudf_xp.sys - Address F44BDF3E base at F4484000, DateStamp 40368d3c" or
> > "RDL_FILE_SYSTEM". The last appeared after pushing Eject button on a
CD-RW
> > drive with a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. The first appeared after
trying
> > to open a folder on a Drag-to-disk formatted CD-RW. Easy CD&DVD Creator
> > 6.1.1.48 is installed. How to prevent these errors?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message news:u0rYTVBZEHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for your reply.
> I did not install a Roxio UDF reader driver, but Easy CD&DVD Creator
> 6.1.1.48.

It is same ***t - check the version of cdudf_xp.sys, it's Roxio's.

>How to make my computer use the original MS driver? Is not it
> worse than Roxio's in any way?

Not sure you can to revert to the MS driver and still use drag2disk on this machine.
This probably can break drag2disk. Better, ask on the Roxio forum.
I've sent them several bug reports and just giving up.

--PA

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

It is possible to roll back the driver, but what I would suggest first
is to make sure that Roxio Easy CD&DVD Creator is fully up to date.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv6.jhtml

If that does not fix the problem, you can roll back the driver. Click
Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click ok. Now find your CD/DVD Burner,
right click on it and say Properties. Now go to the Drivers tab and
select the Roll Back function. I would NOT do this until you have tried
everything else ;)

Nathan McNulty