Is this build good?

So I am looking to buy this build

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/oGLj

It cost £697 which is dollars is $1112.133

I be playing all games at 1920x1080 resolution and if possible at max settings.

Do you think this build is good, will it work together also is there any parts I could lower down in price which doesn't ruin the performance.

Note - I already have a hard drive, monitor ect that why I didn't include it in the list.
12 answers Last reply
More about build good
  1. You kinda need a power supply.
  2. Deemo13 said:
    You kinda need a power supply.


    I already have one... apart from that what do you think, could I lower the price with anything that doesn't lower the performance
  3. I'd go with this card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-148-MS
    It comes with six games and the hd 7950 is a little better than the gtx 660 ti. I'd go with this cpu cooler noctua nh-d14 http://www.ebuyer.com/195165-noctua-nh-d14-dual-radiator-and-fan-socket-lga1366-lga1156-lga775-am3-am2-nh-d14
  4. strife_ff7 said:
    I'd go with this card http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-148-MS
    It comes with six games and the hd 7950 is a little better than the gtx 660 ti. I'd go with this cpu cooler noctua nh-d14 http://www.ebuyer.com/195165-noctua-nh-d14-dual-radiator-and-fan-socket-lga1366-lga1156-lga775-am3-am2-nh-d14



    I got a problem, I moved over to the new AMD AM2 chipsets with the new A8-5600K CPU..

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/oHBC

    Are you able to provide a good motherboard and heatsink for this?
  5. What power supply is it? If its a bad unit, its worth it to get a new one. If its like an Antec or other, you should be alright.
  6. Why would you do that? That cpu is not good at high end gaming it's for lite gaming. That would be a big mistake to match it with a gtx 660 ti.
  7. Deemo13 said:
    What power supply is it? If its a bad unit, its worth it to get a new one. If its like an Antec or other, you should be alright.


    It from my Dell XPS 630i Gaming pc but they are made by Seasonic I believe
  8. strife_ff7 said:
    Why would you do that? That cpu is not good at high end gaming it's for lite gaming. That would be a big mistake to match it with a gtx 660 ti.


    Okay I'll keep it at an i5 ivy bridge. I be overclocking to about 4.0ghz... Do you recommend a good motherboard and heat sink?
  9. The cpu cooler is easy cooler master hyper 212 evo $25 after rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
    How much do you want to spend on the mobo and do you want to add a second gpu later for a sli setup?

    *edit
    This mobo is good and it's very cheap now asrock z77 extreme4 $105 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
    It's good for overclocking and sli setups.
  10. strife_ff7 said:
    The cpu cooler is easy cooler master hyper 212 evo $25 after rebate http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
    How much do you want to spend on the mobo and do you want to add a second gpu later for a sli setup?

    *edit
    This mobo is good and it's very cheap now asrock z77 extreme4 $105 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
    It's good for overclocking and sli setups.


    So that motherboard you linked looks good as it has what I need, USB 3 and sata 3 also future sli.

    What is it like for overclocking, like is bios easy?

    Also I heard asrock not a great brand?

    Last question is wouldn't a H80 water cooler be better than air cooler?
  11. shaunw50 said:
    So that motherboard you linked looks good as it has what I need, USB 3 and sata 3 also future sli.

    What is it like for overclocking, like is bios easy?

    Also I heard asrock not a great brand?

    Last question is wouldn't a H80 water cooler be better than air cooler?


    The overclocking will be very easy. Asrock in the past wasn't that great but now they're good. The h80 would be a little better but not worth the money. The cooler master hyper 212 evo will work just fine @4.0-4.2 if you want to go higher maybe get a noctua nh-d14
  12. Those power supplies aren't terrible. You should be alright.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product