Sign in with
Your question

[AMD Graphics Card] Compatibility

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 26, 2012 11:21:42 PM

I built a computer during the summer and I decided to get a (ATI) AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card. It worked fine by itself until I started to game or watching youtube videos. Then my computer would completely freeze and I could not do anything but restart it. Then I talk to some friends and family who are used to computers in this same case and they said its the card. So I ordered a new one, same kind but by MSI instead of ATI. I still have both and the MSI is what I am using. My games that I play as well as youtube still end up freezing at some point whether its 3 minutes of playing or 3 hours. The freezing does not happen as often anymore but anything that requires higher graphics gives it a hard time. I turned the graphics on low on some of the games I play like Skyrim or Battlefield 3, though it still freezes. I am not sure what it is but I was thinking it might be compatibility with something else. I would like to resolve the issue but if it ends up that I need to buy a complete different kind of card I was going to go with an EVGA GeForce GTX650 Se or Ti. Another thing I should note, I ran the furmark test and it went up to 65 degrees Celsius.

My computer specs:
Hard Drive: Seagate 2795 GB
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3
Power Supply: 650W
Graphics: (MSI) AMD Radeon HD 7770
CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 3.20GHz
a c 103 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 1:41:25 AM

have you tried updating the drivers? or different versions of the drivers? if its crashing is completely random it is most likely a software issue
m
l
September 27, 2012 1:53:19 AM

The drivers are up to date and I tried reinstalling the software again, also I am not usre if I mentioned but I am not certain how to view error and craash reports for windows
m
l
Related resources
a c 198 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
September 27, 2012 2:02:59 AM

What brand is your 650W?
m
l
September 27, 2012 2:43:01 AM

It is a Corsair Enthusiast TX650 or something along those lines
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 2:55:55 AM

had u tried run memtest?

Try using different browser, is it still freeze
m
l
September 27, 2012 3:11:53 AM

The only test I ran was furmark and no matter which browser youtube makes my computer freeze but not as often anymore, it is mostly the game I would like to fix
m
l
!