Emachines et1810-03 Newly installed Saphire HD Radeon 6950; No signal.

Hello,
I just recently installed the above mentioned video card, everything installed properly, including updated drivers from saphire site. Yet when I plug my monitor cable(vga) into the adapter cable which came with the card, my monitor says there is no signal. I am completely unsure what to do from here, and any assistance would be appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about emachines et1810 newly installed saphire radeon 6950 signal
  1. make sure your graphics card is set to first in your BIOS, should be PCI-E or somthing similar... look around bit it should be in there somewhere
  2. There should be 2 6 pin connectors you have to plug in, check again that they are both plugged in correctly, if that doesn't work your psu may be too weak.
  3. nna2 said:
    make sure your graphics card is set to first in your BIOS, should be PCI-E or somthing similar... look around bit it should be in there somewhere


    I have done that three times, just to make sure, and PCI Express is the initial display setting.
  4. Crabbadabba said:
    There should be 2 6 pin connectors you have to plug in, check again that they are both plugged in correctly, if that doesn't work your psu may be too weak.


    I have both connectors plugged in to the card. To clarify a few things, which I should have posted in the initial thread:

    I have a brand new Rosewill 600w PSU, the Radeon 6950 IS running, fans are spinning, led is on, etc...

    My VGA port which runs directly from the motherboard and the integrated graphics (nVidia Geforce 7050) will still work when I plug my monitor into that port, even with the new card plugged in.

    My computer DID recognize the new card and installed the new hardware when I first booted my computer after installing the card.

    I have found that my motherboard in my crappy et1810-03 eMachines is linked to nVidia in some way, could this be causing compatibility issues with the new catalyst software?
  5. It shouldn't be the motherboard, although I would look up the mobo specs to make sure.
  6. I've looked into the motherboard prior to posting here, and it is an MCP73VT-PM. This motherboard IS compatible with PCI-E 2.0 cards, and although it only has 1 PCI-E slot, it seems as though it should be fine. I'm on the computer mentioned in this thread right now, only my monitor is plugged into the original VGA port off the MB. Color me confused. :??:
  7. klwcr85 said:
    I've looked into the motherboard prior to posting here, and it is an MCP73VT-PM. This motherboard IS compatible with PCI-E 2.0 cards, and although it only has 1 PCI-E slot, it seems as though it should be fine. I'm on the computer mentioned in this thread right now, only my monitor is plugged into the original VGA port off the MB. Color me confused. :??:

    Well honestly I think you should just try reinstalling it making sure its in the slot completely and the cables are plugged in all the way, it seems like everything else should be working so keep trouble shooting it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Monitors Graphics