[Exalted] An alternate take on the Malfeans

You know, I always liked the idea of the Neverborn as creatures spawned
from Oblivion, which never existed as any kind of living entity. Since
Exalted's Neverborn are the shades once-living Primordials, I don't know
if they really deserve the title of "Neverborn."

... but what if they aren't?

What if the Malfeans aren't the spectral remnants of the titanic
Primordials, but rather mirror-images disgorged from the Abyss in the
response to the death of the entities that defined the world?
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

"I just added 'Neverborn' to my spellchecker."

Be a friend to man's best friend: don't buy dogs from pet stores.

qlippothic

Richard Clayton wrote:
> You know, I always liked the idea of the Neverborn as creatures
spawned
> from Oblivion, which never existed as any kind of living entity.
Since
> Exalted's Neverborn are the shades once-living Primordials, I don't
know
> if they really deserve the title of "Neverborn."

Depends on how you define "born", I suppose...

> ... but what if they aren't?
>
> What if the Malfeans aren't the spectral remnants of the titanic
> Primordials, but rather mirror-images disgorged from the Abyss in the

> response to the death of the entities that defined the world?
> --
If you're going to bring up the word "Qlippothic"...^~

The only real problem with this is it requires a reworking of the very
concept of what Oblivion is. Pretty much by definition, It creates
nothing, only unmakes.

> "I just added 'Neverborn' to my spellchecker."

Did your spellchecker disappear into the Void? Or just scream in
anguish?^^

Dex

handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:
> qlippothic
>
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>>You know, I always liked the idea of the Neverborn as creatures
>
> spawned
>
>>from Oblivion, which never existed as any kind of living entity.
>
> Since
>
>>Exalted's Neverborn are the shades once-living Primordials, I don't
>
> know
>
>>if they really deserve the title of "Neverborn."
>

> Depends on how you define "born", I suppose...
>
>> ... but what if they aren't?
>>
>> What if the Malfeans aren't the spectral remnants of the titanic
>>Primordials, but rather mirror-images disgorged from the Abyss in the
>

>>response to the death of the entities that defined the world?
>>--
>
> If you're going to bring up the word "Qlippothic"...^~

I never use words I can't spell.

> The only real problem with this is it requires a reworking of the very
> concept of what Oblivion is. Pretty much by definition, It creates
> nothing, only unmakes.

Except in /Wraith/, it's suggested that's exactly what the Neverborn
are: entities that crawled up out of Oblivion at the beginning of time.

>>"I just added 'Neverborn' to my spellchecker."
>

> Did your spellchecker disappear into the Void? Or just scream in
> anguish?^^

No, but its eyes did turn jet black and it keeps singing hymns about
the glories of annihilation...
--

Richard Clayton wrote:
> handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

> > If you're going to bring up the word "Qlippothic"...^~
>
> I never use words I can't spell.

I had to look it up meself...^^;;

> > The only real problem with this is it requires a reworking of the
very
> > concept of what Oblivion is. Pretty much by definition, It creates
> > nothing, only unmakes.
>
> Except in /Wraith/, it's suggested that's exactly what the Neverborn

> are: entities that crawled up out of Oblivion at the beginning of
time.

Ah, ok...That mean we can throw the Lady of Fate into Exalted?^^

> >>"I just added 'Neverborn' to my spellchecker."
> >

> > Did your spellchecker disappear into the Void? Or just scream in
> > anguish?^^
>
> No, but its eyes did turn jet black and it keeps singing hymns about

> the glories of annihilation...
No choice, then, guess you'll have to Soulforge your hard drive...

Dex

handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

> Ah, ok...That mean we can throw the Lady of Fate into Exalted?^^

You misspelled "Jupiter."
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

"The world needs more Starscream." -- Stephenls