I5 3750K Build

Is this a good build with the 3570K? I'm mostly going to use it for general things, some photo editing, and at some point possibly gaming. Also, is it good for overclocking?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/oJFQ

CPU: i5 3570K
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2X8) DDR3-1600
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-X
PSU: Raidmax 700W 80 Plus Bronze (RX-700AC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I know the PSU is probably overkill, but I'm going with that big just in case. Plus it's cheap. Any GPU advice? An EVGA that's better for around the same price ($185) would be preferred if you know of one.
Thanks =)
12 answers Last reply
More about 3750k build
  1. Change raidmax PSU because it is crap.

Just get a 500w or even 430w which can easily power up your system.

The Antec Earthwatts 650w is only $40 dollars. You might want to go with that.
  2. On Newegg it has really good reviews, where did you hear bad ones?
  3. Newegg as long as it works in the first day, it's good.

Raidmax ain't a popular brand jsut get the antec.
  4. Alrighty, will do haha. Thanks. Any advice with the graphics? The card is around 250 on some sites so I figured it was a steal.
  5. change you memory. patriot is known for high voltage rams. get your rams from gskill or corsair. Low profile rams will be better.
  6. Don't worry that's a 1.5v ram.
  7. What's wrong with high voltage? I figured low profile would be better, I wasn't paying much attention to the RAM though. I'll probably get corsair, I just had Patriot listed.
  8. Don't worry, it's not high.

if it's 1.5v
  9. Alright, thanks. But still, what's the problem with high?
  10. oh. I think he means

RAM voltages that are above 1.5v

Sandy and Ivy Bridge only recommends 1.5v and below or IT WILL DAMAGE YOUR PARTS ( so they say but I've heard of some people having 1.65v and have no problems)
  11. I ended up getting 32GB of G.Skill Sniper because I caught a deal haha.
  12. nice deal ther.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems