How to create bloodlines?

Hi!

Yesterday during my V:dA Gaming session my Lasombra and the
Cappadocian of a friend created a childe together. The man who was
sired was a free ghoul and the Cappadocian killed him. But my Lasombra
thought he would be a great vampire but he didn't have enough blood.
So we decided to create a bloodline.
Can anyone tell me please how to create a bloodline or where I can
find the guidelines for the creation? Thanks in advance!
3 answers Last reply
More about create bloodlines
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Till Br?mme wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Yesterday during my V:dA Gaming session my Lasombra and the
    > Cappadocian of a friend created a childe together. The man who was
    > sired was a free ghoul and the Cappadocian killed him. But my Lasombra
    > thought he would be a great vampire but he didn't have enough blood.
    > So we decided to create a bloodline.
    > Can anyone tell me please how to create a bloodline or where I can
    > find the guidelines for the creation? Thanks in advance!
    I don't know anywhere where it' listed for OWoD games or DA (I haven't
    played DA much, tho, so it might be somewhere) but with the old game the
    easiest thing to do is write up a description of the origins of the
    bloodline, what their concept is (as with clans the Ventrue are the clan
    of Kings, the Tremere the arcane wizards, etc) and then it's just a
    matter of choosing (or creating) the three disciplines they get (usually
    something as a main discipline and two others that fit but aren't super
    powerful) and deciding what kind of flaw you want them to have, that
    would make sense with their concept. It's kinda like creating a Caitiff
    character, if you think about it...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Till Br?mme wrote:

    > Hi!

    > Yesterday during my V:dA Gaming session my Lasombra and the
    > Cappadocian of a friend created a childe together. The man who was
    > sired was a free ghoul and the Cappadocian killed him. But my Lasombra
    > thought he would be a great vampire but he didn't have enough blood.
    > So we decided to create a bloodline.
    > Can anyone tell me please how to create a bloodline or where I can
    > find the guidelines for the creation? Thanks in advance!

    You don't.

    Create bloodlines, I mean. In oWoD games. At least not on purpose.

    "Enough blood?" It only takes one blood point to Embrace someone. If
    your Lasombra has zero blood points, now is probably a bad idea to think
    about Embracing people.

    In any case, the product of mixed-blood Embraces is always Caitiff.
    Bloodlines in oWoD are the product of weird supernatural stuff --
    usually some form of foreign supernatural intervention, like the Kiasyd
    (which resulted from one Lasombra who kept drinking lots and lots of
    Changeling blood for, like, years), or just naturally occurring
    strangeness (like the Cappadocian weakness mutating into two divergent
    forms: the Harbingers and the Samedi; or like the Toreador /antitribu/
    weakness shifting from appreciation of the art in suffering to just
    being sadists).

    You're not going to find guidelines for creating bloodlines /anywhere/
    in Vampire: The Masquerade, Vampire: The Dark Ages, or Dark Ages:
    Vampire books. If you're really intent on creating a bloodline, you're
    just going to have to wing it.
    --
    Stephenls
    Geek

    > Can anyone tell me please how to create a bloodline or where I can
    > find the guidelines for the creation? Thanks in advance!

    Vampire Storytellers Handbook pg. 20

    So, then, what happens in a "mixed-blood" Embrace?

    A vampire...<snip> most often becomes a Caitiff. In cases that involve one
    vampire of significantly lower generation...<snip> the childe usually
    exhibits the characteristics of the low-generation Kindred's clan.

    -Essex

Gaming Games Video Games