tobyevers

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Just bought a new Gigabyte GTX 670 OC edition, installed it, and can't seem to get a picture. Problem is, I tested it on my housemates 1366 system which uses the same PSU as mine, and it worked fine, so I'm pretty confused. System posts fine, and seems to get into the log in screen from the sound coming from my headphones, but no picture. Beginning to drive me crazy

My build
q9550 @ 3.8ghz
ddr2 1066hmz
DFI Lanparty x48 ut mobo
Corsair HX620 PSU

I tested it in all 3 PCI-E ports, tried 3 different monitors, all of the display output ports, used my media servers 750w PSU and nothing at all. Can't seem to get it to work at all, and I have no idea why

Burgies

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Is this a new build or just an upgrade? Do you get an image from the mobo? You might have to disable onboard graphics in favour of the new card somewhere in your bios. If that fails try another card in your PCI slots, i cant imagine they are all dead however.

tobyevers

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009

It's a DDR2 Mobo. Its not going to be upgraded without upgrading that, which would require a new CPU instead. So no, it's not going to help

cloggs996

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
It's a DDR2 Mobo. Its not going to be upgraded without upgrading that, which would require a new CPU instead. So no, it's not going to help[/quotemsg]

Hi Toby, what was the outcome of this? As I am in the EXACT same situation.