1. how much better would the a10-5800k be over the a870k? the website i'm using has the A10 at $135, and a FM2 socket mobo would cost at least $65. so would the extra $72 worth it for the improvement? (would she even notice it?)
2. i've heard that memory speed has a significant effect on integrated graphics, so i went with 1866MHz ram. is this overkill, or should i save $10 and downgrade to 1600MHz?
3. 8gb of ram, or maybe 4gb for about half the price?
4. i can save $95 by installing Ubuntu instead of windows. is it possible to share files on a network between computers running different OS?
5. is there a CPU + discreet graphics option that is more cost efficient than the A8-3870k?
6. the motherboard has the a55 chipset. normally, i would have gone for a a75, except that the site i was using didn't have any. the main difference is that the a55 only has usb 2, and sata 2. am i right to assume that usb3 and sata3 devices can still be used, but will run at usb2 and sata2 speeds?
if not, could i use the PCI or PCIe slots to add in a usb3 card?
Thank you in advance to everyone who read and tried to answer my questions.