Any objections? Ordering in 5min!!!

criticcc

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
I am about to order right now, just want to know if anyone has any better ideas then what I got right now, most of the parts or black friday sale items. So I need to know right now if I should make changes right now before something gets sold out(already happened on two items I wanted originally)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/oLzC

The cpu I already got for $250

Hoping to play bf3 and f12012 on highest settings

For gaming, don't get the 3770K, go for the 3570K.

do you actually plan on overclocking? If so, get a CPU cooler. If not, get a regular i5 and a H77 motherboard to save some money.

But seeing as you got it already.....oh well.

Rest looks fine.

criticcc

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Just found for $349.99*After Rebate at tiger direct.

XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5 Video Card and SLEEPING DOGS/HITMAN/FAR CRY 3 and 20 % Off MEDAL OF HONOR COUPON Bundle

Worth spending extra $40

criticcc

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
You changed the power supply? Why? Im not worried about the cpu cooler since not going to overclock anytime soon.

When you buy a cpu it comes with some kind of stock cooling right or do I have to buy a cooler separate?

This is really confusing figuring out what your trying to do.The first step in building a computer is deciding what type of machine you want to build. Do you want a really inexpensive computer for to use? A small, quiet machine to use as a media computer in the living room? A high-end gaming computer? Or maybe you need a powerful machine with a lot of disk space for video editing. The possibilities are endless, and the type of machine you want to build will control many of the decisions you make down the line. Therefore, it's important to know exactly what you want the machine to accomplish from the start.­

­
You need to decide whether you are building a "cheap machine," a "high-end machine" or a "tricked-out super machine" and then choose your motherboard accordingly. Here are some other decisions that help narrow down your motherboard choices:

What size motherboard do you want to use? If yo re trying to build a smaller computer, you may want to look at micro ATX cases. That means you'll need to buy a micro ATX motherboard. Otherwise you can use a normal ATX motherboard and case. (There are also smaller motherboard form factors like mini-ITX and even nano-ITX if you want to go really small.) The size of the motherboard determines the size of the case you'll need.
How many USB ports do you want? If you want several, make sure the motherboard can handle it.
Do you need FireWire? It's nice if the motherboard accommodates it (although it's also possible to add a card).
Do you want a PCI Express graphics card? Or do you want to use a graphics card on the motherboard to keep the price and size down? If you want to go the cheapest route, make sure the motherboard includes a video card on board (easiest way to tell is to see if there is a DVI or VGA connector on the motherboard). If you want an HDMI port, TV tuner or other video component, make sure the video card or cards you’ve chosen include them.
What pin configuration are you using for the CPU? If you want to use the latest CPUs, make sure that your motherboard accepts them.
Do you want to try things like dual video cards or other certain features. If so, make sure the motherboard supports it.

If you don't care about any of this stuff (or if it all sounds like gibberish to you), then you're probably interested in building a cheap machine. In that case, find an inexpensive motherboard/CPU combo kit and don't worry about all of these details.

My recommendations: Processor I5 3570K or I7 3770k The I5 is the best well rounded processor on the market currently. The I7 is also great as it still uses the same chip set 1155 but it includes hyperthread if you plan to do any heavy rending. Games today as well as in the future.If you don't plan on overclocking your processor, then it might be worth it to save some cash and purchase the Intel Core i5-3450 Quad-Core Processor 3.1 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I53450 there is NO REASON to buy a i5-3570k or a i7-3770K unless your overclocking period!

Ram - As of right now 8 gig's of ram is still overkill for game playing and most applications. 16 Gig's is mainly just for server's and other High multi-tasking functioning network systems.

GPU - This depends if your running multi monitors and how many. If just want go with the 7950/7970 or 670. If you plan on doing multi monitor I would go with the 3GB 7970GHz.

PSU - If you plan to just run one GPU then I would only go with 550W. If you plan on doing more than one SLI/CF then go 750W.

Monitor - depends if you want 120hrz 3D monitor or just a standard LCD/ LCD/LED backlit, etc. etc.... Everyone has their opinion of the best. If you play high speed games FPS I would suggest a 120Hrz if not go with a standard and save some money.

HDD - not sure how much storage you needed but I would suggest 1 SSD 128GB or 240GB and 1 HDD Western Digital Black 1 or 2 TB size

OS - just go with Home premium

Cooling - This is a lot of personal preference. There are a few good rasa kits and open air coolers to choose from. If you plan to overclock though to overclock hardcore than a rasa kit system would be best IIf your not overclocking just use the stock cooler your cpu comes with anyway hope this helps.

criticcc

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
all of these...http://pcpartpicker.com/p/oLIv

just need to find a good storage drive. I was thinking of getting one of these external 2tb that are like $60 black friday priced and just take it apart and put internally into pc.. but I think they are all 5400rpm... Im wanting 7200rpm

why the ram it's overpriced and why did you switch from ASUS P8Z77-V PRO on your org. build

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012

For storage, 5400RPM is fine. 7200RPM are faster alright but louder aswell. Plus, you wont really notice the speed difference if its just gonna be for storage.