Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Run all Games on Ultra?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 22, 2012 8:22:43 AM

Just bought this build and was wondering if this will run most every game on the highest possible settings and if it is all compatible with each other. Sorry kind of a noob

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming 80Plus Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G.SKILL Value Series 8GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hitachi GST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : run games ultra

November 22, 2012 8:29:33 AM

install the games and try it
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 8:35:21 AM

Outlander_04 said:
install the games and try it


i just bought it and it hasn't shipped yet i was wondering if someone could let me know before it shipped if anything would need to be changed.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

November 22, 2012 8:38:36 AM

The build looks perfectly fine. Did you get a cooler for the CPU?

In future it might be smarter if you asked for advice BEFORE you actually buy the items. Might help :p 
Share
November 22, 2012 8:41:18 AM

rene13cross said:
The build looks perfectly fine. Did you get a cooler for the CPU?

In future it might be smarter if you asked for advice BEFORE you actually buy the items. Might help :p 



Yeah i figured i should have asked first (: But no i didn't, i thought it came with one?
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 8:43:59 AM

if you want maxed settings for everything, go with 16GB of ram. to my knowledge, it is very rare for a game to need more than 8, but i think there are a few like Metro2033 and Max Payne 3 that may work ever so slightly better with 16.

also a SSD will make the game start up faster.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 8:47:04 AM

soncop129 said:
Yeah i figured i should have asked first (: But no i didn't, i thought it came with one?


i'm pretty sure it does come with a fan and heat-sink with pre-applied thermal paste.

an aftermarket cooler is usually quieter, and keeps the CPU cooler (for OC). but if you're not doing any OC, the stock fan will be fine.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 11:09:42 AM

salaja said:
if you want maxed settings for everything, go with 16GB of ram. to my knowledge, it is very rare for a game to need more than 8, but i think there are a few like Metro2033 and Max Payne 3 that may work ever so slightly better with 16.

also a SSD will make the game start up faster.



Nah, 8GB is plenty for gaming, more than any game out there will use.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 11:26:03 AM

cobot said:
Nah, 8GB is plenty for gaming, more than any game out there will use.


any ONE game out there... what if he wants to play 7 at the same time!? xD
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 1:21:47 PM

salaja said:
any ONE game out there... what if he wants to play 7 at the same time!? xD



Pffff...hehe, I laughed a bit :) 
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 11:23:14 PM

Best answer selected by soncop129.
m
0
l
!