Is this too high

ciaranmc2011

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Ok recently bought a GTX 670, everything was great until last night i downloaded some texture mods for a game and now it has all went to hell constant frame drop, jittery picture and changeing colours and overheating now I'm no computer expert but look at the second temperature on my GPU That is worrying

http://i46.tinypic.com/29x7vvp.jpg

What does this mean I would really appreciate the help guys does this mean That i Need a new one or what But my gpu program thundermaster says the gpu is sitting at 27 Celsius Please help

chugot9218

Honorable
I did a quick search on where it is pulling the Data for each temperature reading, and it appears that if you MOBO does not include the sensor necessary for that reading (temp2), it will show an outrageous number. All your other numbers look good, the GPU reading is the only one related to your graphics card. Try another temp monitoring program, speedfan can be a little unreliable in situations like this.

chugot9218

Honorable
Sorry forgot about your original question, have you researched and checked if anyone else is having problems with the mod? It could be a common issue with the mod/game or even with how it interacts with your GPU. Care to mention the game/mod?

ciaranmc2011

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
I will try that man will ive been looking around the web and I'm going to try msi afterburner and check that out but like you said it could be the motherboard its a gigabyte GA-H61M-S2pv BTW not very top line i will be upgrading here but. And the game was skyrim and i had like 7 texture mods running at once on ultra so i think thats a bit too much for one GPU to Handle.