Solved

Can I have some advice on a $1300 Gaming Build

To start off I've done a fair bit of research and some basic upgrades in the past, so there's still a lot I don't know. I'm in Australia so I can't really import anything from overseas sites like newegg, I'd prefer to use either:
http://www.umart.com.au
MSY

Based upon just umart I came up with a build I thought was build I thought was appropriate. However, although I think everything works, I just want to check (I mean just yesterday I thought I could couple an old video card with a new one in SLI...) I'd be using this for CAD modelling/gaming, preferably on the highest settings for current FPS games and skyrim +mods which I gave up on since my old pc still has a Pentium 4 on an 8 year old motherboard I think. It would also be nice if the system lasted a fairly long time before I'm forced to upgrade.

Just a note, I have access to windows 8 and a old dvd drive, I have no real use for a blu-ray one yet.

So my main questions are:
Does it work?
For my requirements, am I shooting too high? What should be downgraded/dropped?
Any feedback about parts that have a bad history would also be great.

Thanks

EDIT:
I'd like to buy this by the start of December. I'd like to use SLI in the future and overclocking.
I feel like I should also add that from the umart suplier this is a $1270 build at the moment, so keep any changes below $1150 on PCpartpicker.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about advice 1300 gaming build
  1. Best answer
    get this instead
    http://pcpartpicker.com/au/p/oM8d

calibrated for australian retailers. up to you if you want to save money using them
  2. the big troll has a pretty decent build as far as i can tell. maybe he could have gone with a cheaper case.

also, for a build of this price, it's hard not to recommend a SSD.
  3. Thanks a heap both of you, really paying an extra $11 for the 7870 is a bit of a no brainer....
  4. they perform similar but the 7870 can overclock better. also, nvidia cards dont exactly benefit as much as amd cards in terms of overclocking
  5. Best answer selected by Manicalistical.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems