Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HD 6450 1 long 2 short beeps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 27, 2012 2:47:29 PM

Hello everyone.
Recently my 8400GT has overheated and I had to replace the GPU. I have bought a Gigabyte HD 6450, however it gives me 1 long beep and 2 short ones.
I thought it could've been the PSU at first(400W minimum is recommended on their website), because the machine has 350W of power, however I tried disconnecting HDD and CD-ROM, however it still beeps. Also tried replacing the PSU with another one, 370W, however it's still beeping. And I read on the internet that the card only uses 18W power and people with 250W are able to run the card.
HOWEVER it still works with the overheated GPU. Just has random colors everywhere, because well, it's overheated. BUT I also tried putting in a GT 240, that also doesn't work. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP.
So could anyone help me out over here? I really have no idea what could be wrong. Could it be a BIOS error? Or maybe the PCI-E connector broke or something and only works with 8400GT? :( 
Thanks in advance.

P.S. The mobo is GA-M52S-S3P.
P.P.S. The GPU WORKS. 100%. I tested it on my other PC which has 650W of power, however I can't test that PSU on the PC that has problems with the GPU, because it seems that the 24pin connector fused itself with the motherboard(Tried everything, impossible to remove).

More about : 6450 long short beeps

September 27, 2012 7:05:03 PM

bump. :(  anyone?
!