Having a problem to boot from 3 ways, CD, USB and External DVD

Azim Asri

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Okay, First of all, this is my first post here, as i'm desperately seeking an answer or solution to my problem. Here goes. And my English is not so good.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 and I wanted to format and reinstall windows 7. Here is the problem.

i) Firstly I've try booting from CD that have a windows 7 on it. Loading the windows file took a while (longer that it should), and when I've done deleting and renewing the partition, the CD seems to stuck at "Expanding Windows File" and an error message came up. First I thought it is because of the CD, but try with others CD, got the same result.

ii)I've try booting from a USB that have a burn windows 7 on it. Strangely, when i start booting from the USB, nothing seems to happen. The only thing that happen is a black background with a blingking minus (-) symbol on the left top of the screen.

iii)Lastly, I've wanted to try booting from an External Samsung DVD, but the BIOS not detecting it. I've tried pressing F12 and the External DVD didn't listed on the boot.

This is getting frustrated and I've search all over the internet looking for solution. Help me please.

Install with a different hard drive.