Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help! Should I build today b4 30day return exp, or do It tomorrow???

Last response: in Systems
November 22, 2012 2:21:00 PM

As you all know today is Thanksgiving, got about 6-7 hours to build my pc before celebrating. Thing is, hdd, monitor, gpu, case have the 30 day return policy expire today. It's my first build so I don't want to rush, but I also don't want to get screwed over the returns if someting is malfunctioning, what would you recommend?
November 22, 2012 3:13:12 PM

Well do you actually have time to return it today? Chances are no so might as well enjoy thanksgiving. In my opinion you waited to long in the first place. Also check the hardware works as soon as you get it. DOA happens all the time. I've had two in the last purchases I made.
m
l
November 22, 2012 5:49:52 PM

Supermuncher85 said:
Well do you actually have time to return it today? Chances are no so might as well enjoy thanksgiving. In my opinion you waited to long in the first place. Also check the hardware works as soon as you get it. DOA happens all the time. I've had two in the last purchases I made.

it's that high of a chance? I was waiting for other parts to come, but yea I should've done it sooner. I know hdd are more prone to doa, what about the gpu? let's hope the monitor is alright
m
l
November 22, 2012 10:05:21 PM

Well like I said lemons happen. On one of the GPUs I had ordered a capacitor was broken off clean during transport. Obviously was a shipping fault and not the manufacturers but I'd always check components at least visually and something like an HDD I'd plug in just to have a look at the S.M.A.R.T. logs.
m
l
November 22, 2012 11:07:22 PM

Supermuncher85 said:
Well like I said lemons happen. On one of the GPUs I had ordered a capacitor was broken off clean during transport. Obviously was a shipping fault and not the manufacturers but I'd always check components at least visually and something like an HDD I'd plug in just to have a look at the S.M.A.R.T. logs.

any software you recommend to diagnose hardware, other than the bios? I know about CPU-Z, thing is I don't know if temps are too high or not, all I know is that 40C is optimal.
m
l

Best solution

November 23, 2012 4:00:59 AM

Monitor just plug in see if there are dead pixles or damage.
HDD you can read using HDtune, trial should do.
GPU if you got a spare machine, try it and see that it works.
Case again just check visually for damage.
November 27, 2012 6:25:26 PM

Best answer selected by heizenbrg.
m
l
!