September 27, 2012 5:50:23 PM

hello

before i start let me give a little intro on my pc specs:

gtx 680 SLI (2GB versions)
2600k @ 4.3 GHz
8gb vengeance ram
850PSU
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 mobo

i already have a 22" asus display but want to go for some thing bigger.

the displays i have in the line up (only ones available in my country so i dont have any other choice):

1.) VIEWSONIC VX2753mh
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vx2753mh-led.htm

2) 32EH5000
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/telev...

3) 32" EH6030 Series 6 3D
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/telev...

which would be the best choise between these for playing games like bf3 ect... im a bit confused which one to buy, keeping refresh rate in mind and the best experience for gaming.

please suggest me the best display. and please keep the choise between just these 3 displays

regards
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 6:27:52 PM

# 3
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 6:34:12 PM

With your specs grab a 2560 x 1440 monitor. going from a 22" at 1920 x 1080 to a 32" at the same res isn't going to improve picture quality. If anything it will reduce it because of the lower pixel density.
m
l
Related resources
September 27, 2012 6:40:57 PM

dingo07 said:
# 3

do u think it will have input lag???
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 6:42:22 PM

With two 680's, you should be looking at either higher resolutions or higher refresh rates. 1080p 60hz monitor/tvs are holding back the power of your system and if you go 3D, you should be using a 3D monitor, or you are limited to 720p or passive systems.
m
l
September 27, 2012 6:48:27 PM

well as i said these are th only choice i have innit..have nothing else or better rez in my country, so out of the 3 which one is the best?? i dont want to play 3d games i have added the 3d led as it has 200ghz and it should have a greater refresh rate??
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 6:50:13 PM

kenstyle2131 said:
well as i said these are th only choice i have innit..have nothing else or better rez in my country, so out of the 3 which one is the best?? i dont want to play 3d games i have added the 3d led as it has 200ghz and it should have a greater refresh rate??

For gaming, that 200hz (not ghz), will act as a 60hz screen when used for a computer.
m
l
September 27, 2012 6:54:43 PM

ok so if i buy the 32" EH6030 Series 6 3D i will get good refresh rates?? like 3ms or some thing like that or will it be laggy on 2d mode??

coz the VIEWSONIC VX2753mh is a proper pc monitor and will not have any led while gaming???
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 6:55:27 PM

If you want high hz, take a look at the ASUS VG278HE, which is 144hz, which accepts input for 144hz unlike TV's. The ASUS VG278H is a 120hz monitor with the full 3D Vision 2 kit built in. The Samsung 750 or 950's are 120hz with a glossy screen and are HD3D compatible.

For the most part, if you want high refresh rates on a monitor, you'll be looking at 3D monitors.
m
l
September 27, 2012 6:58:25 PM

ok so u are saying that the 3d tv will have the better refresh rate and would be better for gaming on 2d mode??

thanks
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 7:00:44 PM

kenstyle2131 said:
ok so if i buy the 32" EH6030 Series 6 3D i will get good refresh rates?? like 3ms or some thing like that or will it be laggy??

coz the VIEWSONIC VX2753mh is a proper pc monitor and will not have any led while gaming???

That 32" EH6030 3D TV will not allow for more than 60hz gaming. TV technology is quite confusing. They use special tricks to make movies look smoother, but they do not accept more than 60 FPS of input. The tricks they use also cause lag, which doesn't matter when watching videos.

The response time is only part of the equation. Response time will reduce the time it takes for an image to be sent from your computer to the screen once it refreshes, but it is also important to realize that 60hz refresh rate also adds to that wait time in comparison to a 120hz refresh rate.
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 7:02:44 PM

kenstyle2131 said:
ok so u are saying that the 3d tv will have the better refresh rate and would be better for gaming on 2d mode??

thanks

No, no no. Read my previous responses. TV's are confusing, but are much worse off for actual refresh rates compared to their PC 120hz counterparts.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 7:05:50 PM

do you have a source with a website? how did you come to these 3 choices when for sure there are better options to choose from...?
m
l
September 27, 2012 7:06:56 PM

lol even more confused now :D  me and my noobish mind :( 
m
l
September 27, 2012 7:09:25 PM

dingo07 said:
do you have a source with a website? how did you come to these 3 choices when for sure there are better options to choose from...?

yes i have and out the many websites these were the best i could come up with...others are below 24" size
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 7:13:05 PM

kenstyle2131 said:
lol even more confused now :D  me and my noobish mind :( 

Let me try to explain a couple things and then ask you a couple questions.

TV's are designed to accept between 24hz and 60hz of input. They do not allow for more. Even if it is listed as 480hz, it will only accept 60hz of input, then it takes the images, and try to add filler frames between. This is awful for gaming, as it adds lag.

You clearly have a very powerful system with 680's in SLI. I imagine you want to make use of this power and not let it sit idle. There are multiple ways to use them, and it seems you have expressed interest in one, but I'd like to know exactly what you do want.

Do you want 120hz or higher refresh rates for smoother game play? If so, ASUS monitors I listed above would be good.

Do you want a high resolution monitor and live with lower response times and refresh rates. If so, you can look into 1440p and 1600p IPS monitors for a crisp image with good color quality.

Do you want to game across 3 screens for a wide screen experience?

Do you want to use 3D?

I assumed you wanted high refresh rates by the list you came up with. Staying at 1080p 60hz is just going to leave you with more power than you need.
m
l
September 27, 2012 7:22:27 PM

ok ya seems in understanding what u are trying to say , lol somewhat.

i want a high refresh rate for smoother response time for sure :D  but we dont have this monitor in my country that's the problem :( 

im already playing on 22" 3 asus ms228h monitors but my fps is very bad :(  45ish to 60ish on ultra settings and 2xMSAA

no i dont want to pkay 3d games i never liked 3d gaming .
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 8:01:43 PM

What game is it (I know I'm getting off track here) I doubt theres a game out there that can even push two 680s to under 60fps at max with max aa.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 8:40:21 PM

Dell U2412M for 1080p
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 8:59:31 PM

Are you wanting a bigger monitor because you are having problems seeing it from where you are sitting? My only recommendation if you indeed want to go above 1080 would be to think about getting a catleap monitor. I will say this, they do not have a warranty of any form from most sellers and mostly can only be found on ebay.

For a >22" monitor I really don't recommend going with a TN panel as viewing angles are horrid with those, Definitely recommend a more better technology like PLS or IPS... more or less anything but TN. (NOTE!~ I can't seem to find where it says what type of panel it is, could just be me not looking in the right spot, which is very possible :)  )

Side note note related at all: I hate how they market these things, take the viewsonic model for instance, heres what it says under LCD type: Type 27" Wide Color TFT Active Matrix LCD so it could be basically anything under the sun from TN to S-IPS..

Edit: sorry, keep thinking you have more choices, if you really can't get ANYTHING else I would go with the 32" EH3xxx model (the one with 3d) just because it doesn't have a glossy coating. (fairly sure thats what they are talking about when they mention (High glossy) in the specs section, though they could just be referring to the bezel.)
And 3d if you ever want to try it out.
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 9:04:03 PM

According to his last few posts, he is interested in 120hz, that means he can't use IPS unless using those low quality Catleaps (Just going off of what the reviews of these monitors have said, I don't have experience with the catleap).
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 9:25:42 PM

Ah yeah, from what I hear and take this as such, Some models of catleap can get up to 120hz if you "overclock" them however its only on some specific model number, even then its not a guaranteed 120hz you still might get stuck somewhere in between 60 and 120 :/ 

Wonder if he might be interested in a "surround" setup.
m
l
September 27, 2012 9:35:32 PM

mouse24 said:
Are you wanting a bigger monitor because you are having problems seeing it from where you are sitting? My only recommendation if you indeed want to go above 1080 would be to think about getting a catleap monitor. I will say this, they do not have a warranty of any form from most sellers and mostly can only be found on ebay.

For a >22" monitor I really don't recommend going with a TN panel as viewing angles are horrid with those, Definitely recommend a more better technology like PLS or IPS... more or less anything but TN. (NOTE!~ I can't seem to find where it says what type of panel it is, could just be me not looking in the right spot, which is very possible :)  )

Side note note related at all: I hate how they market these things, take the viewsonic model for instance, heres what it says under LCD type: Type 27" Wide Color TFT Active Matrix LCD so it could be basically anything under the sun from TN to S-IPS..

Edit: sorry, keep thinking you have more choices, if you really can't get ANYTHING else I would go with the 32" EH3xxx model (the one with 3d) just because it doesn't have a glossy coating. (fairly sure thats what they are talking about when they mention (High glossy) in the specs section, though they could just be referring to the bezel.)
And 3d if you ever want to try it out.

You are able to check what type of panel it is here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/panelsearch.htm
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 9:55:51 PM

mouse24 said:
Ah yeah, from what I hear and take this as such, Some models of catleap can get up to 120hz if you "overclock" them however its only on some specific model number, even then its not a guaranteed 120hz you still might get stuck somewhere in between 60 and 120 :/ 

Wonder if he might be interested in a "surround" setup.

Apparently he has this now, and does not like having 45-50 fps. I can understand that, as I get motion sickness with low FPS like that. Even at 60 FPS. It takes 80+ for it to go away.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2012 10:46:20 PM

Noticed in your OP that you said you were limited to certain monitors due to the country you live in...

Your links are from uk sites and you seem to talk like you are from UK?

If thats true then you definitely are not limited to those monitors, whats your budget anyways?
m
l
September 28, 2012 4:15:37 AM

paddys09 said:
Noticed in your OP that you said you were limited to certain monitors due to the country you live in...

Your links are from uk sites and you seem to talk like you are from UK?

If thats true then you definitely are not limited to those monitors, whats your budget anyways?

not from the uk...

one of my mates has the VIEWSONIC VX2753mh on hiss rig, got a chance to play bf3 on it, and i should say its was good, that 680 sc and the 27" display were spitting fps like a mother...loved it, lol think think think......
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
September 28, 2012 4:31:58 AM

kenstyle2131 said:
not from the uk...

one of my mates has the VIEWSONIC VX2753mh on hiss rig, got a chance to play bf3 on it, and i should say its was good, that 680 sc and the 27" display were spitting fps like a mother...loved it, lol think think think......

I'm sure his FPS was good, but keep in mind that this monitor is 60hz, and can only display 60 FPS, even if he's getting higher FPS on the video card.
m
l
September 28, 2012 4:59:44 AM

kenstyle2131 said:
not from the uk...

I have the 2753mh also; it gets a 1ms-2ms so they say. I'm fine with it.
m
l
!