Three displays for gaming / one odd display

Semus

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Here's the situation...

I have a 32 inch TV for my main display. It's a Vizio and pretty cheap but It works great. My other two displays are only 24 inches. So here's the dilemma...

I am trying to use all three displays for gaming, but what's happening is, when you center the 24 inch monitors to the 32 inch monitor so that the 24's are right in the middle on each side of the 32, the desktop gets a little weird. When you move your mouse you can clearly see that the mouse does not move straight across in a straight line as it should. Now, I know this isn't going to happen because even though they are the same resolution, the 32 is bigger so it's not going to line up like that.

I have tried using the resize option in the Nvidia Control Panel and I've managed to resize my 32 to an odd resolution then using scaling I can get it to where the 24's and 32 line up perfectly and the mouse moves fluidly across all screens. This is what I am after in games. However, there is a problem currently. In order for this to happen, my main 32 inch TV has to have a very weird resolution and it get's stretched. Almost as if someone took a hammer and smashed the top of my monitor and flattened my resolution. It looks stretched from side to side. I would like to be able to not have it stretched and still be able to line up the monitors so that they look fluid from left to right.

Is this even possible without the stretching? Am I going to have to buy ANOTHER 24 inch monitor? I'd really prefer not to have to do that if I can help it.

Has anyone had any luck using a larger display in the middle and smaller outer displays for gaming? What steps did you take to make it look right from left to right?

Solution
its never going to work perfectly because the physical size of the screens are different

unless you enter the TV menu and physically resize the screen to the size of the smaller displays, it aint gonna work

do yourself a favor and get all 3 displays the same physical size and resolution

dingo07

Distinguished
its never going to work perfectly because the physical size of the screens are different

unless you enter the TV menu and physically resize the screen to the size of the smaller displays, it aint gonna work

do yourself a favor and get all 3 displays the same physical size and resolution

Solution

Semus

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

Ain't gonna happen I'm afraid.

Oh well, I'll keep truckin along with what I got and just use the odd resolutions for now.

TRENDING THREADS