Strange graphics upgrade question

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
So I am in a bit of a strange situation here, I have a very high end pc that I built that I really dont use at all that I could sell for 1000$+ (i think) with a 7950, i5 3570K, and a dedicated PPU GTX 550 Ti. So I was thinking of posting that on eBay and swapping out my two 7970s in my main rig for two GTX 680s. I play a lot of Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, and Black Ops 2 and Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 when they come out. All of which NVIDIA beats AMD, especially Borderlands 2 where a 660 beats a 7970. So I guess what I am asking is if you upgrade two 7970s (non GHz and my cards dont OC very well in crossfire) for two GTX 680s would you do it?

P.S. I know it is probably really early to even bring this up but any ideas when GTX 700 series will come out? I am really getting tired of Nvidia beating my AMD rigs lol

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
@jallenlabs Yes but what I am saying is that if I do this I won't lose any money at all. In fact I should make some.

Interesting I did not know the HD 8000 series would come out this year, but then again the whole point of this thing is to get away from AMD cards.
But then again any idea when those will come out?

EDIT: Let me just rephrase this question a little bit based on the above info. Should I stick with AMD and get this new HD 8970s in Crossfire or switch over to Nvidia which has some cooler features and better drivers and their high end cards always seem to beat AMDs high end (cant say the same for midrange tho), and then wait for GTX 700 series and just become an Nvidia guy :)

You do realise that as a bit of an AMD/ATi fan he is not taking your best interests into consideration at all in any way, shape form or fashion?

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
Ok so @cooldudesubho and @Mousemonkey what do you think? Stick with 7970s and then get 8970s when they release or get GTX 680s and become Nvidia guy (I have wanted to switch to Nvidia for a while but this seems like an awkward time to do it)? Either way I won't lose any money in the process.

If you are sure that you can recoup any losses then what have you got to lose by trying out what the green team has to offer?

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012

Thats kind of what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure. And reassurance by a Toms mod is good enough for me lol.

Ok so one more question real quick, which is the best 680?
I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130797 but then I read many many reviews of two or three RMAs and still crashing and black screen issues...