Closed Solved

Videos Not Playing

The videos on my computer [all file types] will not play in either WMP or VLC. If I restart the computer, they will work for a short period of time but then will go back to only playing audio. I have searched for a way to fix this but have not been able to come up with anything.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about videos playing
  1. I tried to play video a few hours later, it worked fine. 15 minutes later, I tried to play a video file and now it plays audio with a black screen replacing the video. It does this in both VLC and WMP. Thanks in advance.
  2. Uninstall VLC and start again.
    Choose "Delete preferences and cache".
    Then look in Program Files and delete the VLC and Videolan folders.
  3. Also get the latest VLC Media Player 2.0.0 @ http://www.videolan.org/
  4. I appreciate the help and Version 2.0 is much better but it didn't resolve the problem unfortunately.
  5. OK, did u deleted the preferences and cache?
  6. Yeah
  7. Best answer
    In VLC try:

Tools -> Preferences -> Video -> Output -> Default, DirectX..., Direct3D...

If none of those works download the latest WHQL drivers from the graphics card manufacturer. Uninstall your old drivers (even use the special uninstall/cleanup utility that most manufacturers make available) and install the new drivers. Try the different output devices again. Some of them should work. Use Windows GDI only as a last resort.
  8. Ok, will try that. Thanks for all the help. I've searched up and down and could not find a solution so I hope this works.
  9. Good luck!
  10. It worked! Thanks for all the help.
  11. Best answer selected by ITIetalhead.
  12. Cool : ))
  13. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Video Windows 7