Solved

AMD HD 6670 graphics card

Hello,
I have a Sapphire HD 6670 graphics card, 4gb ram, intel dh61WW motherboard ,400wt PSU,and i5 2500 processor.

-Problem i am facing is my pc will run fine , but once i shut down it, will not restart.
-I have to wait for 2-3 hours, after that it will restart.
-Is there something wrong with my comaptiblity between GPU and MOtherboard
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6670 graphics card
  1. what if you unplug the power cable for a few seconds, will it boot back up again?

    if that is the case, its probably your power supply. what model power supply are you using?
  2. daswilhelm said:
    what if you unplug the power cable for a few seconds, will it boot back up again?

    if that is the case, its probably your power supply. what model power supply are you using?



    -Ya i tried , but it doesnot help, it will give four long beeps and then the fan will stop.
    -Will work fine if i start after couple of hours.
    -I am using zebronics 400w platinum power supply.
  3. Quote:
    Not likely. When you hit power, does it do anything? You may need to reset the BIOS. There should be a jumper that needs to be moved over and then back to reset it. If you can't find it, try removing the round battery from the motherboard. Try that first.



    -When i hit the power it will give four long beeps and then CPU fan will stop after sometime.
    -If i try after couple of hours it will run fine and i can use the PC for gaming for 3 4 hours.
    -I will surely try for the jumper thing.
    -Thanks :)
  4. can you try a different power supply?
  5. normally, four long beeps indicate RAM error.. but this depends on your mb bios.

    you should try to reseat all your RAMs and make sure the contacts are clean.
  6. daswilhelm said:
    can you try a different power supply?

    Sid11:sure,i wil change t power supply today.but t guy frm whom I build my system,he says my Gpu is not compatible,and this configuration is not for gaming.
    Is it true that AMD graphic card wil not work with this mob and cpu?
    M realy confused, :-(
  7. IT will definitely work for gaming!
  8. sid11 said:
    Sid11:sure,i wil change t power supply today.but t guy frm whom I build my system,he says my Gpu is not compatible,and this configuration is not for gaming.
    Is it true that AMD graphic card wil not work with this mob and cpu?
    M realy confused, :-(



    whoever is giving you pc advice, dump him and find someone else, he's giving you bad info.

    you are having trouble booting, nothing to do with games.
  9. Quote:
    Not likely. When you hit power, does it do anything? You may need to reset the BIOS. There should be a jumper that needs to be moved over and then back to reset it. If you can't find it, try removing the round battery from the motherboard. Try that first.


    Ok
  10. daswilhelm said:
    whoever is giving you pc advice, dump him and find someone else, he's giving you bad info.

    you are having trouble booting, nothing to do with games.



    I tried today with diffrent power supply and was the same issue.
    -I replaced the Mob and graphics card from the comapny and now whats happening is after i install graphics driver it stucks on windows logo screen.
    -Without the graphics card driver it works fine.
    -My IT guy says i need to change the motherboard to intel chipset or Asus ...???
    -Is this the correct solution?
    Please advice, thanks :)
  11. SirRaulo said:
    normally, four long beeps indicate RAM error.. but this depends on your mb bios.

    you should try to reseat all your RAMs and make sure the contacts are clean.


    Yes i tried that even changed the ram.
    -The issue is it gets stucked on windows logo after i install graphic card driver.
  12. Best answer
    grab a clean hard drive, do a fresh install of windows and see if the problem persists.
  13. My IT finaly changed t motherboard to gigabyte h61 and it started,
    I instald t graphic cards driver,and played battlefield 3,
    Seems to be working,
    But is this a good motherboard?
  14. Best answer selected by sid11.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards HD Motherboards Graphics