Installing 5850 after Intel HD4000 already installed

turboshine

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2012
I was wondering if anyone has experience with this. I just built a new system with an Asus P8Z77 Pro and was in the process of cleaning up my XFX 5850. I decided to try the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics first. Will there be any adverse effects by installing my 5850 and AMD drivers after the fact? How will the system know when to use IGPU and when to switch to my 5850?

Thanks

turboshine

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2012
I might wind up doing it but you know how residual video drivers can lead to an OS reinstall. I was just hoping someone else had been through this before and could offer some guidance.

in the asus bios there two settings. one for primany video device...set to auto by default. so your mb could boot from ipgup or gpu depending if you have it turn on in the bios. the other settings are ipgpu and pci-e. you would uses these settings if you were using the intel chipset and have more then one monitor. the other setting is mvp chipset by default it set to off. and it under the intel render on/off line in the bios. most people with one video card try turning on the ipgpu and use the mvp software to combind the ipgpu and the gpu for more frames in games.