Sign in with
Your question

Could somebody build me a cheap HTPC? [250 euro]

Last response: in Systems
November 22, 2012 5:55:14 PM

Hey there.
I want to build my family a HTPC for a combined Christmas present and would appreciate it if you guys could help me build one. I'm not sure about what you need for a HTPC, but it will be used in the living room for watching any shows or whatever they would like. They have surround sound in the living room so I'm not sure what I would need to get that working on the PC?

I don't want to spend a lot on this so the cheaper the better. Only requirement is that it has a 3tb hard drive. I will use Ubuntu as the OS to save on money, and I heard it's pretty good for a HTPC anyway. Would also need some way of controlling it. I live in Ireland so here are some recommended websites.

www.dabs.ie
www.komplett.ie
www.pixmania.ie

Thanks for any help let me know if you guys have any questions.
November 23, 2012 7:40:03 AM

Anybody at all? Really need some help here
November 23, 2012 8:20:28 AM

I assume you want the cheapest ever.

Does the case have to be a small case or any is fine?

Oh wait, don't make an HTPC build. There are alot of products that you only need to plug in into the TV and have a hard drive ready to play videos.
Related resources
November 23, 2012 12:01:31 PM

Just a cheap HTPC for watching their shows. I would prefer to build an actual HTPC instead of those streaming boxes.
November 23, 2012 12:01:36 PM

Just a cheap HTPC for watching their shows. I would prefer to build an actual HTPC instead of those streaming boxes.
November 23, 2012 12:41:32 PM

Also those links are from Newegg. I said above that I'm in Ireland and need the sites listed above. Newegg don't deliver to Ireland unfortunately. They are really cheap
!