Final Build Questions, $800 max, want less

mikecxt

Honorable
May 29, 2012
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($87.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Black 250GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($284.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($60.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $748.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-22 15:37 EST-0500)

This was hashed out here a month ago. The total cost comes to $778 after shipping.

I have Windows 7 already, so don't need to get that. My current set up has 1 issue, the Rosewill Case on ParkPicker says it does not have a USB 3.0 front port, but that the motherboard does. Maybe not a huge deal, but having that corrected would be nice.

So, I am looking to see if with Black Friday and such, if there is any better set up or cheaper set up. I will probably be looking for an SSD drive for Windows and Programs to sit on, while the HDD has files/images/etc. Perhaps just a 64GB drive, maybe 128GB. Price of course determines that.

Thanks for any help. I'm purchasing sometime between tomorrow and next week (depends on if the prices include Black Friday deals). I saw Newegg has a lot of motherboards on sale, but I really don't have the knowledge for which are 'good' or even comparable to this one's current. Last thing to repeat, I don't want to increase the cost, as this set up will work for years to come for me. Just trying to find if there is any deals for cheaper for this equivalent.

Thanks again.

Do you actually want to overclock? You need to switch out the motherboard and get a CPU cooler if you do.

If not, get a different processor.

Also, the Antec Earthwatts 650 is not that much more expensive but has alot more watts. Its worth it imo.

G

Get the i5 3570 (no "k") if you want the one that is cheaper but doesn't support overclocking.