Should I get these games?

As part of the book blitz Xmas traditionally hits us with, my store got
in two RPGs called _Transhuman Space_, and _Nobilis_. They both look
great (esp. the latter), should I invest in them?

Dex

handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

> As part of the book blitz Xmas traditionally hits us with, my store got
> in two RPGs called _Transhuman Space_, and _Nobilis_. They both look
> great (esp. the latter), should I invest in them?

Nobilis is essentially Sandman the RPG, plus some other stuff, and is
filled with Borgstrom-y goodness. I appreciate my copy, though I don't
fully grok it.

I don't have Transhuman space, but lots of people apparently love it.
It's hard SF (well, arguably hard SF, except maybe for the uplifted
animals) for optimists.
--
Stephenls
Geek

In article <1104854456.117889.125080@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:

> As part of the book blitz Xmas traditionally hits us with, my store got
> in two RPGs called _Transhuman Space_, and _Nobilis_. They both look
> great (esp. the latter), should I invest in them?

Nobilis is fun to read, but I find it intimidating as something I might
try to run. I feel much the same about Transhuman Space, but more
because it's just enjoyable to read about the future the writers have
constructed, than to figure out where a group of PCs could fit in and
make their mark.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Stephenls wrote:
> handofomega@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> As part of the book blitz Xmas traditionally hits us with, my store got
>> in two RPGs called _Transhuman Space_, and _Nobilis_. They both look
>> great (esp. the latter), should I invest in them?
>

> Nobilis is essentially Sandman the RPG, plus some other stuff, and is
> filled with Borgstrom-y goodness. I appreciate my copy, though I don't
> fully grok it.
>
> I don't have Transhuman space, but lots of people apparently love it.
> It's hard SF (well, arguably hard SF, except maybe for the uplifted
> animals) for optimists.

Nobilis is currently on its way to me from Amazon. It sounds very
interesting. (Also on its way is the The Authority RPG, which I saw in
a shop here for NZ$90 and on Amazon for NZ$42.)

Cheers,
Grant