Ripper2k

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Is there a list of graphics cards that handle 29/59 issues well. I noticed no list of recent graphics cards that playback 29/59 content flawlessly.

don250r

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
found this on another forum....

I think I found the fix while trying to fix another issue! The orginal issue was overscanning in WMC only (desktop is fine). Someone suggested I check my refresh rate in the registery at the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\DisplayService\RefreshRate

Mine was set to 0 (zero)! - I set it to 3c hex or 60 decimal, rebooted, and EVERY show I watched on CBS (the worst for me) had NO STUTTERING - 411 info revealed the refresh rate rock solid at 59!! Those of you having this issue, please try this fix and report back! I can't believe this was so simple!

dont know if it helps....

p.s. its an old forum but heres the link:

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/114/t/87594.aspx?PageIndex=3

Ripper2k

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Yup it is the only issue...I tried it with other software without a hiccup. Unfortunately I need WMC because it is the only one that is capable of playing premium cable streams.

I was hoping to get a list of all the graphics cards from nvidia and amd, the low end, up to the high end, that don't experience the stutter or flicker issues common to the 29/59 bug. Most on the list date back to the gt430's or the 5450 graphics cards and they are too old, on top of that they are the few that I know of but I know their has to be more that have been tested and verified working flawlessly with that type of content to include the ati 7x cards, nvidia 600's, intel hd 3000/4000, or amd apu's. That is my hope, I can't stand to think the 430 is my only option.

Ripper2k

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012

Yeah my Refresh Rate was set at 59 I changed it to 60 and it is exactly the same. From what I learned there is no real software fix for this and has everything to do with what graphics card you have. Once you have the right graphics card then its a matter of getting the right driver and finally the right settings to include some registry hacks like this one. First things first the right graphics card.