Which is better the palit gtx 680 jetstream or Gigabyte windforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Gigabyte has quieter cooler than Palit.
If you mean the Gigabyte OC Windforce then clock speeds are almost the same. Palit has insignificantly higher core clock and 300MHz higher memory clock. Gigabyte memory is not overclocked and Palit clock speeds can be easily matched with some tuning in afterburner.
The Gigabyte Windforce (non-OC version) has lower core clock (boost 1058MHz vs 1150MHz in Palit), but in real world gaming Palit would be only marginally faster.

Personally I think that Gigabyte cards are more reliable than Palit ones. Better cooler in GB makes it a winner here.

Bejusek

Distinguished
Gigabyte has quieter cooler than Palit.
If you mean the Gigabyte OC Windforce then clock speeds are almost the same. Palit has insignificantly higher core clock and 300MHz higher memory clock. Gigabyte memory is not overclocked and Palit clock speeds can be easily matched with some tuning in afterburner.
The Gigabyte Windforce (non-OC version) has lower core clock (boost 1058MHz vs 1150MHz in Palit), but in real world gaming Palit would be only marginally faster.

Personally I think that Gigabyte cards are more reliable than Palit ones. Better cooler in GB makes it a winner here.

Solution

Angeli201

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Alright tnx for the info. i'll go for the cooler one, ambient temp here is kinda high(philippines). any other gtx 680 or 670 card you could recommend? And should i go for a 670 instead of a 680?

The MSI PE 670 it's a beast! MSI Power Edition Architecture Boosts Overclocking Potential by 22.5%
The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition graphics card is based on the MSI Power Edition architecture: Afterburner's Triple Overvoltage allows the GPU, Memory and PLL(Aux) voltages to be adjusted . The Enhanced PWM design provides 25% more current than the reference design to ensure high stability during overclocking.

Twin Frozr IV: 20°C Cooler and 11.7dB Quieter than Reference Board
The MSI GTX 670 Power Edition is equipped with MSI's latest Twin Frozr IV Thermal Design. MSI's exclusive Dust Removal technology automatically reverses the fans at startup to prevent dust build-up dust and optimize the cooling module's ability to dissipate heat.

Patented Propeller Blade technology provides 20% more air flow over conventional fans and increases the effective cooling area. When combined with dual 8 cm temperature-controlled fans, SuperPipe technology, and a nickel-plated copper base, temperatures are effectively reduced by up to 20°C and noise by 11.7dB!

MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks. MSI is asking a $30 price premium for their card, which doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/56546-msi-gtx-670-power-edition-oc-review-20.html <--- review 670 PE OC

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_670_power_edition_oc_review,24.html <--- review MSI 670 PE Overclocking

Bejusek

Distinguished

Yes. GTX680 consumes less than 200W. Good 550W PSU would be enough.

As for 680 vs 670, it really depends on your setup. If you are playing in 1920x1080 (or 1200) then 670 is enough. Have a look a the msi 670 mentioned above, it is a great card, offering same or sometimes better performance than a reference 680.

Angeli201

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

alright thanks for the tips.. too bad msi's aren't on stock here... i think i'd go for the GB gtx 670. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.